This is how you resign from a job you hate!

AlBrough

Follow the link to read the article with commentary and a follow up article with Fancy

After careful thought and consideration I have concluded that my core values are not aligned with the dysfunctional organizational culture at [redacted]. It is time to move on to maintain my health, sanity, and overall happiness.

This letter is to officially inform you that I resign from my position as Senior Recruiter, effective immediately. This letter also serves as my exit interview.

During my fourth and final interview for the position, [redacted], VP of HR, asked me what I needed to be successful. I replied, “clear direction and strong leadership.”

I received neither.

Originally, I believed the biggest challenge at [redacted] would stem from a lack of systems. However, I quickly realized that inflated egos, office politics and administrative incompetence would prove to be bigger obstacles. These dynamics are not conducive to innovation and productivity.

Due to ambiguous policies and procedures and the inconsistent application and enforcement of both, I was deprived of fair and equitable treatment. I did not receive fair pay for the work I was held accountable for, even after three requests for reevaluation of the job title and description against what was actually required out of the position. Additionally, I have been reprimanded for fabricated, unsubstantiated claims regarding my performance and behavior. I hardly think that a statement from one person constitutes a fair and thorough investigation.

Fortunately for me, I know my worth and I am very well aware of the value I bring to a team. I refuse to settle for any form of disrespect or maltreatment, particularly from individuals whose only credibility resides in their job title as opposed to demonstrated excellence and leadership.

I’m positive my experience isn’t an isolated one. The turnover rates and lack of employee engagement and satisfaction are further evidence of [redacted]’s inability to attract, develop and retain talent.

I had a goal to brand [redacted] as an employer of choice in our community. Unfortunately, it became abundantly clear to me that I would be out of integrity to attempt to attract employees to such a toxic and dysfunctional work place. I refuse to convince professionals to work for a 50 year old company that operates like a start-up “mom-n-pop shop” rampant with nepotism and cronyism.

I could share more for the purposes of an “exit interview” but I have little faith that information gathered would be compiled to formulate a retention strategy.

I am returning my company credit card, fob, Verizon “MiFi” and office key with this letter.

Regards,

Fancy Frenchwood

This almost sounds like the rant my friend had when she resigned from her HR job at our company.

It's funny, but also very, very sad

Waaaay too true !! Hubby could write that exact letter and that would apply exactly ... seems like a widespread phenomenon.

I feel like this about South Africa, heck i think I'd like to write a resignation letter from RSA when I leave

• Like 1

Since I will be resigning 1 September (whooohhooooooo) I am going to use this letter verbatim and just add "City of Tshwane" for employer. It is spot on for how it is there, and judging by the comments above, its a sorry state of affairs if so many companies' employees feels this relates to them too :(

• Like 1

Felt like that when I resigned but decided I'm better and gave a nice letter.

Felt like that when I resigned but decided I'm better and gave a nice letter.

It would, no doubt, vent feelings, but you MAY need them later - like for a reference.