terbo: some Durban newbies

terbo

Hi All,

Just a short note to introduce ourselves- we are the Terblanche family. Dad-Dave, Mom-Michelle and Caeleigh (15 months). I, Dave was a school teacher up until the end of last year and am now working at the family Hardware store in Amanzimtoti (going to be applying as a skilled migrant -teaching). We want to hopefully buy an existing Hardware business when we get there. We are looking at a three to five year plan at the moment as we have just started this journey. We would very much like to come into contact with and perhaps meet other people in a similar position. We are looking at the Queensland area at the moment as we are crazy about the outdoors and particularly fishing, though havent got as far as deciding where yet.

We hope to meet some folks at the next Durban coffee club.

Bye for now

Dave

Welcome to the forum

I am sure you will find tons of useful information and will be able to offer some of your own during your experience.

You will find that most Aussies love the outdoors, camping, fishing, sport etc so I am sure you will fit into any coastal towns or cities.

Teachers are in big demand so be sure to get all your info sorted out and then send your cv to the various schooling bodies eg, catholic, private, public etc then you will be on their books to get jobs down the line in that field if you require, relieve teaching pays really well too

Good Luck

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. I am also a very keen deep sea fisherman and also live in Durban. We are hopefully relocating in June / July 07. Good luck with the process and hang in there!!

Will see you at the next coffee club hopefully.

Regards

FM :ilikeit:

Hi Dave

Welcome, to the forum...nice to hear from more Durbanites who are on the same mission. Look forward to meeting you at the next coffee club.

Welcome to the forum and all the best in your venture.

I think that shortly, there will be more Shark fans in Oz than in Durban.

Go Sharks!!!!

Edited by Tazz

Guest colton

Quite right Tazz. We went to the Natal Sharks versus Queensland Reds rugby game on Sat in Brisbane. Soooooo many Sharks supporters, great vibe, there were SO many of us I am sure the Sharks felt like it was a home game.

Welcome Terbo maybe we will see you at the next Sharks game?

Colton

Morning

We need to set a date for the next coffee club getogether. Any idea on dates or venue. We are quite happy with Amarula and can't make the long weekend at the end of April.

Cheers

Camper :jester:

Hi Guys

Welcome, glad to see morre Durban ppl :jester:

I had relocated to Gauteng, but grew up in durban, and love my fishing too.

Hoping to enjoy lots of fishing in Oz. (Landing on May 18, Melbourne, but going to be staying somwhere in QLD)

Good luck with everything...

If you have questions, the guys and gals here are really helpful, with anything.

cheers for now

Neel&Joanne

Hi Guys

Welcome, glad to see morre Durban ppl :jester:

I had relocated to Gauteng, but grew up in durban, and love my fishing too.

Hoping to enjoy lots of fishing in Oz. (Landing on May 18, Melbourne, but going to be staying somwhere in QLD)

Good luck with everything...

If you have questions, the guys and gals here are really helpful, with anything.

cheers for now

Neel&Joanne

Hi Guys

Lots of Durbanites living on the Gold Coast - great for fishing as we have the sea, the broadwater and the canals.. Also went to sharks game - free train and bus when you have a ticket to any sporting events..going on the train was like being at the rugby fields after the sharks game...just sooooooooooo many shark fans...

quite festive..

Feel free to ask anything you need know about Gold Coast...We have a ladies support group meets once a month for lunch to help support newcomers..certainly helps the wives to settle

regards

Heather

Hi Dave,

If you find out when the next coffee club meeting in Durban is please let us know.

Candice

Next Durban Coffee Club is on Sunday 6th May 2pm at Amarula in Westville.

The best way to get there is to turn off the N3 at Pavillion go past Pavillion and Westville Hospital, Turn right at next Robot just pass the golf driving range then first right into Syringa Rd/Ave. Proceed quite far along and you will see Amarula on the left.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers

Camper :ilikeit:

..........And as you drive past westville prison remind yourself how big it is growing and that is why you are attending this coffee club in the first place...... :ilikeit: