FINALLY LANDED

Noddy

Hi All

Haven't been on in a while, but that's cos we finally landed in Oz!!!! :):) I can't explain the relief of our arrival - we landed on 03April, and when we came thru immigration, it just felt right - like i'd just gotten home.

The flight over was on Qantas to Sydney (staff were 100%!), then we connected to Brisbane on Virgin Blue. Had a delay of 2 and a half hours cos of a technical problem, but eventually landed in Brisbane at 22h00.

My hubby's been over here since 19March, so he already had a full day planned for us on Wednesday :blink:

We went & enrolled both kids at schools (one in high school, the other in primary), then off to the bank, to register at Medicare, and finally a look at the house that we're gona rent from 14Apr. Needless to say, by the time we were done, the kids & i were exhausted!!! :yawn::(:(

That wasn't the end, Today, bright & early we went to the rental agents to sign the Lease agreement, then shopping for cars. I eventually reminded him that we actually have the rest of our lives here, and don't have to try get it all done in a day!

It is so amazing to deal with people who are so helpful and friendly ALL the time. We went into a shop called "pillow talk" to get me a new pillow (i'm very fussy about my pillow :blush: ) and a guy came up and tapped me on the shoulder :( to ask if he could assist. Well naturally i nearly jumped out of my skin (which my daughter says is an understatement!). And then he apologises and says "oh sorry, you must be from South Africa" :lol: Guess it'l take a while before i destress.

Let me tell you, the hardest part of all this was leaving my family. :cry: I knew it was gona be hard, but nothing can prepare you for that goodbye. :cry: When i thought i had no tears left to cry :cry: ... MORE came!!!!

Having said that, i'm over the moon to be here. I'm sure the days of "ek verlang" :whome: are laying there on the horizon, but i'l cross that bridge (with the help of the forum :lol: ) when i get to it.

Take care

Pam

Hi Pam ! Well done on your safe landing. We hope to be in Oz June / July. We applied for the 136 Visa, got a Case Officer recently and are going for meds on 21 April. Plans are also to move to Brisbane area. Please keep us posted on the day to day happenings as most of the postings are questions about the paper work etc and not of actual experiences in Oz.

Hi Pam,

Nice to hear you landed safely. Enjoy the "honeymoon", those first weeks are really great. You feel like a child on Christmas morning - every day for the first few weeks. ;)

Learn to relax, and enjoy everything this wonderful country has to offer.

Greetings,

Dreamy