Exchange4free

humwill

Anybody used Exchange4free recently - there rates are the best with no admin free at the moment but just concerned as you have to transfer money into their UK account first.

Thanks

I used them in May and had absolutely no problems! Would recommend them!

They are perfectly safe to use. They are one of the companies that come recommend on this forum.

We are also going to use them. Have only heard good things!

I used them and had a fantastic experience. Their rates are good but you can negotiate for a better rate with them if your amount is large.

When I transferred ZAR to AUD it was done through Mercantile but since the AUD was so strong (1.07 at the stage) I rather took USD and held onto it for a while, when AUD slipped against USD (as current position 0.92) I converted USD to AUD and for this I had to make SWIFT transfer of USD to an UK account. They are very reliable, I would not doubt using them again.

• 4 weeks later...

I also used them and they gave me the best rate out of all the forex dealers

• 2 months later...

Anyone have the contact details for a human at exchange4free?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Search

We are also planning on using them.

You can contact Tanya van der Westhuizen on 082 832 4867 or Tanya@exchange4free.com.

She is currently out of the country until 4 November, but her return email gives the names and email addresses of others at the company that should be able to assist you. Me, I am waiting for her to come back...

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I got a quote from my bank of a 0.5% spread on the spot rate for transfers over R160k, commission of 0.5% (capped at R686.50), and a transfer fee of R100.

Exchange4Free basically just have a spread of about 1%.

This means that on a R1m transfer, my bank effectively charges R5,786.50, and E4F charges R10,000 - a significant difference.

I almost didn't bother getting a quote from the bank, because I assumed they would be more expensive, not cheaper by almost half.

Am I missing something? Anyone else considered just using their banks?

• 2 weeks later...

I also wondered about this one ChrisVR. Is cashkows and exchange4free just really necessary when you have multiple policies and pension etc that needs to be consolidated? In our case we literally just want to transfer a lump sum of savings in our bank account to an Aus bank account for us to start of there with. I'm not a boffin on matters of accounting and tax laws. What are we missing? What would be best for someone in our situation?

We used Exchange4Free for all the money transfers from RSA, while in South Africa and when we were in Australia already. They also handled out formal emigration. Everything was handled professionaly by Anita Huyser in their Jhb office. The rates and charges were reasonable - cheaper than the bank and with less hassles I think.

I can really recommend them.

• 2 months later...

Hi Search

We are also planning on using them.

You can contact Tanya van der Westhuizen on 082 832 4867 or Tanya@exchange4free.com.

She is currently out of the country until 4 November, but her return email gives the names and email addresses of others at the company that should be able to assist you. Me, I am waiting for her to come back...

Hi everyone,

Tanya has left Exchange4Free so please contact me (Richard) on +27 (0) 73 011 2118 or richard@exchange4free.com for more information.

Regards,

Richard

• 1 month later...

I also wondered about this one ChrisVR. Is cashkows and exchange4free just really necessary when you have multiple policies and pension etc that needs to be consolidated? In our case we literally just want to transfer a lump sum of savings in our bank account to an Aus bank account for us to start of there with. I'm not a boffin on matters of accounting and tax laws. What are we missing? What would be best for someone in our situation?

Cashkows offers a full turnkey solution, regardless your situation. The process you follow to remit funds depends on the source of the funds. I suggest you talk to them before you make any decisions. Their first consultation is free but you'll be able to make an informed decision. They usually also give a better rate than the banks when you need to transfer funds. Good luck!