1 in 4 don't.....

zamunda

Heard on the radio this morning that a recent study in South Africa has revealed that 1 in 3 drivers do not follow basic road traffic regulations.

Did they really need to have done a study to discover this?!

Vra dit!? Luckily they have their financial priorities straight (note sarcasm). Obviously no use in trying to enforce those rules better and...you know...SAVE LIVES! :angry:

You hear about this but then all the Australian States go and accept RSA drivers licences as been acceptable for converting to Australian licences without a test.

Sort of doesn't make sense.

You hear about this but then all the Australian States go and accept RSA drivers licences as been acceptable for converting to Australian licences without a test.

Sort of doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't worry too much. Those of us leaving most likely obtained our licences the good old fashioned way and still respect rules and the rule of law!

Don't think the study was done with the those going into Oz (or any other country in mind). It was more, to show how bad drivers in this country can be.

I see it every single day. no indicators, going way above or way below the speed limit, illegal lane changes, no respect for red lights and the list goes on.

It was a few days ago,when i stopped for a red light and the guy behind me in his very expensive SUV was very angry at me for stopping. Go figure!

When i am in Oz, i just love driving there. Majority of the drivers respect the law. The rest gets caught ;)

They even get the results wrong or gave it to a dyslexic to read... cause it's more a case of every 1 in 4 actually follow basic road traffic regulations. Our roads have become the new battlefield... :(