Suid Afrikaners in Sydney

Survival

Hi, we will be moving to Sydney from Melbourne in the next month and looking for South Africans to meet up

Ek en my vrou is vroee 30's met seuntjie van 1.5yr, rugby, braai, kinder partjies, etc.

fkeet2001@yahoo.com

Hi

Hou ons asb op hoogte want ons gaan ook een van die dae oor Sydney toe. Ons sal julle kom opspoor.

Ek en my man is ook altwee in die vroee 30 en het 'n dogtertjie van 3 jaar.

As julle niemand kry nie, 'book' ons solank! :lol: Ons soek ook mense soos julle as ons eers daar is.

Groete

Die Schoemies :ilikeit:

Hallo daar

Daar is heelwat Saffers in Sydney. Hierso is paar lede van die forum wat daarso bly Riekie, Ajay, Sunshine Sister, Zana, Sa2auz, SASydneysider, Corne en nog vele ander.

Waar is julle van plan om te bly in Sydney?

Groete

D

Ons is ook oppad Sydney toe. As alles goed gaan sal ons 457 VISA seker so binne die volgende 2 maande deurkom. Ek gaan in West Ryde werk en ons beplan om in die omgewing van die Hills te vestig.

• 1 month later...

We'll be in sydney at about this time next year. My husband is a mad sports fan (I'm actually Australian- so that doesn't help thing so much!), and loves a beer or three and don't even start me on braii vleis. Hope we can keep in touch and meet up. We also have a little one (2yr old daughter).. so we'll even have the kids party's sorted! He is Africaans too.

Ons is ook oppad Sydney toe. As alles goed gaan sal ons 457 VISA seker so binne die volgende 2 maande deurkom. Ek gaan in West Ryde werk en ons beplan om in die omgewing van die Hills te vestig.

hei Swerwer, ons moet mekaar kry vir 'n braai of iets in Sydney, ek is kort op julle hakke, vlieg die 1ste Junie! Nog nie werk nie, maar alreeds 'n paar interviews opge-line vir Maandag 4 Junie.

Nou ja, ons sit 24 Mei 2007 voet aan lughawe by Sydney Internasionaal. Ons hou van braaivleis, potjie, kamp, staproetes, fietsry, ysskaats en kuier. Ons kom aan met ons seun Markus (8) en dogter Naomi (6). Ek is Heinrich (34) en my vrou Tania(??? sal maar eerder nie) ken julle almal. Ons kom soos weeskinders aan in Oz so enige aansoeke van aanneem ("foster") vriende en surrogaat familie sal welkom wees.

Groete

En natuurlik is ons Blou Bulle alhoewel die ouens in my bedryf (IT) nie juis groot is op Rugby nie.

Heinrich :ilikeit:

Hiya.

Ok. this whole afrikaans thing is a little over my head!!

We arrive in Sydney on 30 June (6 weeks away). We have PR visas and have had for 4 years now!!

Going to be living in North Curl Curl and our two boys (6&3) are going to St Lukes Grammar.

Cheers, Reid.

Wow guys its so great to see that there are a few young familiies on their way to Sydney. I have made the most amazing SA friends since being here a few Afrikaans, a few Afrikaans hubbies english wives and they all have kids between 2 - 10. You won't believe how the kids love getting together with their parents friends and my boys think that some of their friends here are their family because we all get on so well and its great in the hols to be able to go to parks and beaches and braai and watch rugby together. The guys get together and book block tickets for rugby etc and you must see them all hoping on the bus in the SA Gear. In our area the Aussies are often out numbered and there is great spirit and fun around the sport results.

In September is the AFL final and last year a few of us got together for the final although none of us had a clue what was going on but we had fun anyway.

We also left our families so friends are even more important here. If any of you are camping out in your houses while you wait for your stuff I am sure that the existing Sydneysiders can put a few things together for you to borrow.

If anyone has any questions or needs someone on this side to check anything out please pm me and I can give you my numbers.

Today we are having some much needed rain. Rain is headline news everyday although to us Saffers everything looks so green the Aussies are having a drought so they cheerish every drop. Its my sons birthday today and he said the rain was the best present ever I think he has fast become an Aussie. B)

We have such a great support network of friends especially moms and kids that get together all the time so please don't disappear off the radar when you arrive.

This week most of the schools are having open days so if you have ideas of schools it might be an idea to start putting your name down. The public schools don't charge any deposit so you can do it for a few schools.

See you all soon

I have been here for a week now...

I'm still amazed at how 1st world it is!

My wife and children will join me in a month or so. will be looking to settle down and find a place to call home, get wheels and start our new life here.

Would be nice to get together with a few SAFFERS.