Can I contact DIAC?

bananagirl

Hi

I have a question that gets quite technical, and got different answers from different agents. I decided to mail the question to the DIAC on their website. I had no response, its been 3 weeks. What should I do? Does anyone know somebody that could help me or a contact name at the DIAC?

Hope to hear from you soon

BG

Hi

I will be very surprised if you get a reply from DIAC relating to immigration procedures and queries about visas. They assume we are either able to hire an agent or do it oneself..

If you have such questions, i would suggest you to post some on this forum. Some of us or agents may help.

Karen

Hi bananagirl,

I have a contact at DIAC so if you like, you can PM me with the question and I will ask it on your behalf? Alternatively, you can call the 457 Triarge centre on +612 9893 4095. They are a general help line and I've found them to be very helpful in the past.

Cheers

Ajay

I have a question that gets quite technical, and got different answers from different agents. I decided to mail the question to the DIAC on their website. I had no response, its been 3 weeks. What should I do? Does anyone know somebody that could help me or a contact name at the DIAC?

BG

The DIAC helpline is perhaps the worst place to look for advice.

I've heard helpline officers come up with very interesting advice for clients before, and if you're getting oral advice from them, you will have no recourse if you follow that advice but it turns out to be totally wrong.

If you want to get DIAC's opinion on something, always get it in writing.

Depending on the nature of your question, you may need to look for a competent agent who has experience in the type of question you're asking. Not every agent knows every part of migration law.

Peter

Whilst I usually tell all and sundry that it is better to do your own application I always add the proviso: unless your situation is complex.

Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and go through an agent, whether it is just a case of paying for a consultation or employing the agent to prepare and submit your application. Free advice is sometimes worth exactly what you paid for it!

Cindylou