Age restriction for 457

Cindylou

Hi

As a PR applicant I don't know much about the TR visas, so I'm hoping someone can assist.

I've checked through the DIAC website and can't find any reference to age limits on the Temporary Business (Long Stay) Visa 457. Is there an age restriction for this visa, or can anyone apply? My aunt is a highly qualified nurse and would like to move to Aus. She will eventually qualify as a parent applicant, but for now would like to explore a temporary situation.

Any advice appreciated.

Cindylou

She's in her fifties.

Hi CindyLou,

As a matter of course, the age cut-off for 457's is 45, but exceptions can be made. If you look under the 457 section on www.immi.gov.au and check eligibility criteria for the employee, they state the age requirement there.

Not the news you wanted, I imagine - sorry :ilikeit:

Love

Ajay

Sorry Ajay, but I must be blind, can't find any reference to age on this link. Please would you send me the link where you found the reference.

Thanx (sorry to waste your time!)

Cindy

Cindylou

I do believe exceptions can be made as I know a nurse that was sponsored at age 48 for permanent res once obtaining her 457 visa(457 is usually valid for 4 yrs).

Try this contact- julie.reed@acsagroup.com.au

There is no age restriction for the 457 visa applicant who is sponsored by an Australian business. The applicant will need to keep in mind however that it may be more difficult to find a sponsor, and also that her permanent residency options will be limited once she is in Australia. Although- this may be a suitable option if she is looking into parent visa possibilities at a later date.

Regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

My Brother was 50 and got in, currently there is a real demand for nurses especially in Regional hospitals so give it a go as soon as posible.

There is no age restriction for the 457 visa applicant who is sponsored by an Australian business. The applicant will need to keep in mind however that it may be more difficult to find a sponsor, and also that her permanent residency options will be limited once she is in Australia. Although- this may be a suitable option if she is looking into parent visa possibilities at a later date.

Regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

Thanx for the information, Fiona. She will be applying under one of the parent visa categories at a later stage but would like to "start her new life" sooner and I thought that the 457 might work!

C'Lou

Oops :lol: Sorry - it looks like I got my wires crossed between the 457 and the 856/121 eligibility criteria. Many apologies!

Love

Ajay

No problem, Ajay, (or should that be no wurries?) Thanx for trying to help!

Love

C