189 granted last week

Skrag001

Hi All

Our 189 Visa was granted last week. Yay! We need to do our 'activation' trip before May 2014, when is 'low' season?. I'll be asking loads of questions in the next couple of months. My biggest concern at the moment is to get some money offshore.

Regards

Johan

• Like 2

From 1 Feb you will see a significant drop in airfares. That must be their low season.

Hey Johan, congratulations on the visa grant and good luck with the rest of the process and planning. This is an awesome place with lots of awesome people who are only too willing to answer your questions.

On the money thing, (and this is my opinion not s professional one) I would get as much of it out of South Africa as fast as I possibly could.

P.S. Welcome to the forum. :ilikeit:

Thanks everybody. It's been a bit of an emotional couple of days, telling family and friends. But, now its out in the open and we can plan the move etc. :)

Thanks everybody. It's been a bit of an emotional couple of days, telling family and friends. But, now its out in the open and we can plan the move etc. :)

We sat on the news for about 6 months and when we eventually got it out the relief was indescribable. Good luck mate.

HEOJJ you starting to sound like a real Ozzie... Mate...

Skrag001, we have also been told Feb is a good time. Schools are back, holidays are over, etc. We planning to move end Jan or early Feb before the schools open. One last Christmas with the family...

Congratulations!! Now the real fun part starts.....

www.cashkows.com can help you to get your money over to Aus.

HEOJJ you starting to sound like a real Ozzie... Mate...

You discover after a couple of months in the work force that the FIFO principal applies to everything and if you don't blend quickly you very soon discover yourself on an island of isolation. :P

congtats Johan , I am glad you are almost on your way.good luck with the rest.