High Schools in Perth

Guest May

I am told that the move EA to WA is almost like a second mini immigation so this one has to be for keeps. So far the schools have told me in a very matter of fact manner I have to be resident in the area to request enrolment forms so I am moving beginning September which I am told is a good time as new company budgets although Perth is seeing a slump because of mining slowing down.

I have narrowed them down to the following high schools:

• Carine
  • Duncraig
  • Greenwood
  • Warwick
  • Woodvale

Please break your feedback down

1. Sports
  2. Principal
  3. Academics
  4. Bullying/ Discipline
  5. Languages
  6. Other subjects

Thank you everyone.

My son started at Greenwood College this year, we arrived in Jan. He felt welcome from day one and has made a good group of friends already. There is swimming and basketball, not sure about other sports. The Principal is strict on respect between teachers and pupils and vice versa. Have not heard of bullying, quite a diverse culture in the school so I think they understand what newcomers are going through. The school is also has an English learning centre so are very good with non English first language students. So far, very happy with the school. Have a look at their website for subject choices. Good luck.

I've started thinking this top 10 2012 is overrated. At least I am coming to that conclusion here in Adelaide as the schools I have heard from numerous sources listed as being really great schools in Adelaide both Private and Public don't really feature high on the good schools listings. For instance Temple college has been raved about, so has Brighton high and Woodcroft college here. Yet if you look at the top schools list, Temple is not much higher than the school that Caitlyn is currently attending and on a par with some schools that I have heard less than great things about, so I wonder really. I'm beginning to think, ignore all the statistics, visit the schools yourself and go with your gut!

actually you might have a good point.... considering that my current school in Brisbane is in the top 10 and I am not happy with them. Yes and this time around I am visiting them as this one has to be for keeps. Greenwood and Woodvale high on my list and they not top 10.

I agree, you have to visit them, have a tour, talk to the staff and go with your gut, rather than statistics that have a lot of variables.