Anybody know of anyone going back with a container?

Tsunabi

Question

Hi all, I need some space in a container to South Africa (Gauteng, North West, Freestate area). Need to send some stuff to my sis ?☺

5 answers to this question

Yes, (jumping on the bandwagon), please, please tell me too. I need space in a container going that way, even if somebody knows of a company who sends stuff to RSA and would have space for old clothes. Getting people to donate kids clothes is the easy part, getting it to RSA is very expensive. Plus the post office charge the recipient their affirmative tax. Even if all the paperwork states "old baby clothes for AIDS orphans" and the calue of the parcel is $0.

Are there no charities in Oz that could take the cloths for needy Australians?

I know, that's what I am doing in the mean time. BUT, my MIL works with kids/people in RSA that are just in such bad shape, her stories cant leave one untouched. When I see the abundance of stuff we have in Aus, and that we struggle to find a home for it when we're done with it, my mind always goes to this "plan". My MIL went back to RSA last time with most of her luggage full of baby clothes.

So, I live in hope.

I agree, when you see what is thrown away here you just wish you could get it to RSA, because you just KNOW that it really would help someone there.

What a pity you can't get hooked up with some sort of international charity that could help with shipping costs etc.

I also agree, my laundry was full of bags of children's clothes. I didn't want to hand to Vinnies as they only seem interested in clothes that are almost as good as new, and it breaks my heart that it will land up being given to a rag company that will basically cut it up and sell it in bags at Bunnings for cleaning.