Local Satelite TV

Marlene

Mainly Foxtel, but you can get it through other service providers such as Optus TV as well. www.foxtel.com.au :angry:

Fox-Tel was, at first, half owned by C20th Fox and Telecom Australia. Other interests have since bought into it, but the name is still the same.

"Foxtel" operates in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Newcastle and about 50 to 100 kms circimference of these cities. It also began broadcasting in Perth and across the southern part of Western Australia in the late 1990s.

"Aus-Star" is another overseas owned concern that has the broadcasting licence in regional areas of New South Wales outside of Sydney and Newcastle, Victoria outside of Melbourne, Queensland outside of Brisbane, all of Tasmania and South Australia outside of Adelaide.

Check out:

www.foxtel.com.au

www.austar.com.au

Costs kick in at around $36 monthly for a few basic channels with about $15 a month extra on top for each "package", such as Sports, Entertainment, Movies, etc.

Thank you Bob, so I assume that if you live in Griffith (NSW) which is regional, you will not apply for foxtel, but austar?

PM WyleOtto - he lives in Griffith and would be able to tell you which options are the best - not only for satellite TV, but broadband, mobile phone coverage etc.... :angry:

Thanks heaps Riekie! And here I thought Griffith is to hell and gone that we were going to be the only SA's....ha-ha!

If I remember correctly, there's at least 12 South African families in Griffith! :lol: You WILL be to hell & gone... ;) but at least you won't be alone! :lol::D

I know a couple of Saffer families (related to Adelaide Saffers) in West Wyalong, the next town about 150 kms away, so Griffith isn't the end of the world! . . . . . . . . nearly . . . . but not quite! :lol:

Thanks heaps guys for reminding me how far away Griffith is from civilization...ha-ha! At least they only have level 1 water restrictions!

Riekie and I am just teasing.

Griffith is a perfectly good place to live in and not too far from civilisation as some Sydney-siders state.

Personally, I love northern New South Wales near the coast, just south of the Queensland border . . . . beautiful beaches, beautiful balmy climate and relaxed easy going lifestyle, . . . and still some people reckon it's too far from civilisation!.

Horses for courses, as they say.

Ha-ha! Knew you were only teasing. City life is really not for us. Almost 4 years in AKL has cured us of city life. AND a more major point...we're both from the wine industry, so we need to go where the grapes are...

In that case, South Australia should be where you look.

We export over $1 000 million worth of wine each year just from Sth Australia, making it the largest wine exporting part of Australia.

All the other States together only just export as much as South Australia alone.

You may find more options here in South Australia?

Would love to go to Adelaide, but they are not hiring at the moment....