Homeschooling in Perth, specifically in Midlands/The Hills

sunsfromsa

Good day everyone, we are moving to Perth from Kalgoorlie in two weeks.

I am considering homeschooling till the end of the year or longer if need be.

First of all, I want to find out if there are any South African families homeschooling in the above mentioned areas?

Secondly, if anyone knows of a remedial teacher (even retired) that might be able to help out as a tutor? We are looking into getting help for a few hours a week with for instance Maths and English. Say about three hours/day for two/three days a week.

It is for one of our sons, who really battles to keep up at school, due to pervasive developmental disorder (NOS) and he needs one on one attention. We enrolled him in year 5 at one or two schools, but I am starting to doubt if it is the right thing for him.

Our older boys will go to either Swan Christian College or Helena College, depending on their interviews when we arrive in Perth. Our youngest are on waiting lists for Kindy.

• 3 weeks later...

I am starting to wonder if there are any South Africans in the above mentioned areas... :unsure:

We have now moved into our rental in Woodbridge (near Midland) and it would be encouraging to know if there are any South Africans staying here or in Darlington/Gooseberry Hill...not just homeschoolers.

And are there any South African students attending Helena College? Our older boys really want to go there.

Why not post your request in the "discussions/general" section w.r.t other Saffers in the area - you may get a better response in that section.

You could also try joining the Facebook site called Aussiekaners - they also seem to be a bunch full of advice etc!!