Sports in Perth

RobertWD

I am sure I know the answer to this question, but just to plan my life when I get there... are there quite a few sports clubs in Perth? More particularly North of the city. I am wondering if I should pack my cricket gear, golf clubs and squash equipment when I land- or if I should wait for the container to haul it across?

Probably not too much cricket gear, because it's winter, but as for the rest, if you have the baggage allowance, go for it.

There are loads of cricket clubs and golf courses. As Oubaas said though - its not cricket season. There are squash centres in Mullaloo, Wangara and North Beach.

Here is a link to locating sports facilities:

http://www.sportscourts.com.au/search

Thanks OBD and Gizmo.

I am looking to move to Mullaloo eventually, so that is great news. I land in September with cricket season should be just around the corner. However as said above, it might not be worth my while due to the cricket equipment's weight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I joined my local cricket club within a week of arriving- best thing I did probably- Depending on the level that you want to play, most clubs have team gear, so you can store your gear in the container and just use club gear until it arrives. If you want more info on the levels of cricket, ( e.g. turf, carpet, grades) fees, etc., let me know and I can get the info to you.

Does anyone know of Road and Mountain bike clubs in Perth NOR that offers weekly and weekend training rides?

What is more popular in Perth, Road or Mountain Biking? I have to decide which bike to bring over first until the container arrives.

Does anyone know of Road and Mountain bike clubs in Perth NOR that offers weekly and weekend training rides?

What is more popular in Perth, Road or Mountain Biking? I have to decide which bike to bring over first until the container arrives.

Not sure, but every Saturday morning when I was leaving for my other job there's be 40 - 50 cyclists spread over different areas ..... usually cycling together