189 Visa Granted!

RobzyA

My husband and I have officially been granted our 189 Visa, and we need to land in Australia before May 2014. So exciting! :)

We're a young couple of 24/25, and are looking at either Sydney or Melbourne; probably Sydney as hubby is involved in finance.

I'm just wondering what areas and suburbs are best for a young couple looking to start a family in a few years' time? I think a short commute to the city every day is worth it for a more "suburby" area. I've also heard there are a lot of South Africans in St Ives.

• Like 3

HI!! Congrats on the visa!!! All the best for the planning ahead!

we are going to Brisbane, so cant comment on your questions. Im sure others will offer suggestions.

YAY for you!!!

Congratulations on your Visa grant! ! No advice on location. .. not been to Aus yet. Goods luck for this next phase!

manly on the northern beaches (and surrounding suburbs) is full of couples with young kids and only 30min bus or ferry trip to city

manly on the northern beaches (and surrounding suburbs) is full of couples with young kids and only 30min bus or ferry trip to city

Thanks for the info; I'll look into it :) So much to research before we go...

Hey there, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the visa grant. Good luck with the planning and journey that lie ahead of you. :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! St Ives seems lovely for families but definitely quite expensive, whether buying or renting. Perhaps once you are earning Aus$, it will seem less so :) There also seem to be many SAffers in Cherrybrook, Kellyville and Pymble if I am not mistaken. The Hills area seems to be a popular choice for families.