Superannuation - any ideas?

Guest Jules

Hi everyone :blink:

My husband has just started his own business ( basically comprising of himself, me doing the bit of paperwork, his van, a few tools - eventually this will hopefully expand ). I have just found out that the company he was working for previously haven't opened a superfund for him, so we will have to start one from scratch. Does anyone have any idea where to start in finding out about opening your own fund.. which companies are reputable, which ones to steer clear of etc. ?

Julie

Hi Again

Check out the following:

Statewide Superannuation Trust

MLC MasterKey Superannuation

SUNsuper

Hope this helps

:D

Hi Jules

www.sunsuper.com.au

This is the biggest fund in Queensland and also easy as an administrator.If you dont decide to go on your own-this is really a good one.

Your accountant can help you set up a self managed Superfund but is is a reasonably expensive exercise.

You are allowed to use a percentage of your selfmanaged Super fund to invest in property.

We have just done so.

Julie!

I just wrote you a whole schpeel on super in Rainbow Nation . . . . took me about 20 mins . . . so check on that website for the info.