Remaining Relative Visa

karenlee

We are in WA. My daughter has applied for "Remaining Relative Visa"
(Onshore) and is on a Bridging Visa "A" till her visa is processed. Processing
time for her visa is 14 years (yes, you read this correctly, 14 years) She has
a 2 1/2 year old child and has started looking into schooling to find out that
she has to pay International Student fees until her visa is granted.

She is a single Mom, working full time, and at present is paying 1/2 her weekly
salary on day care fees, despite earning a decent salary. Once her daughter reaches

school going age these costs will sky rocket (International Student fees plus before and

after school care).

There doesn't seem to be any way of applying for exemption in WA.

Is there anybody out there that can suggest a way to overcome this huge hurdle.

I guess that would do it :D

But seriously, she is in such a state. Talking about going back to SA 'cos she came here to make a better life for her child and now can't even afford to educate her. She'll go back to SA over my dead body. We moved heaven and earth to get her here.

Does she not have an occupation that is in demand? Her employer can maybe sponsor her?

With the whole of WA being considered regional area, she could go the 187 route, which is in my opinion one of the easier PR visas and has a quick processing time. There are a few routes to take with this visa depending on how long she has worked with her current employer or if she is looking to change jobs

She was a purchasing officer in SA. Does the same here, also does all the accounts data input, bank reconciliations etc plus managing the office so not sure what catagory she would fall under. She's been with her company for 4 months now.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I'll definately look into the 187 visa to see if her job description pigeonholes with any of the occupations on the list. She doesn't have any formal qualifications though............