Types of members on Saaustralia

Bradporter

Question

Hi Folks,

Just a silly question and want to satisfy my curiosity. I note that members have different status, ie novice, junior member, bronze member etc, etc.

How does this work and what is the I'm of it. It would paper to me as though it works by the mount of article that one posts.

Please advise.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

......and what is the purpose of it......

You are correct. It is an arbitruary title based on the amount of posts one makes. It is built into the software and serves no real purpose.

If you dont like it I am pretty sure members can change it to anything they like in their settings

I is an arbitrary reward for being active on a forum and thus some basic recognition.

So why am I still the tea girl? :whome::jester:

• Like 4

Sheesh, and here I thought I would get a promotion...LOL!

Thanks for the response. It's not that I didn't like the set-up, but merely couldn't find an explanation.

You friendly folk have supplied that info.

Cheers

I notice similar identifiers on other forums, such as a number of stars under a members name denoting the amount of posts they have contributed or time with the forum. I think it is just a quick way of identifying who is new and who has been around for a while

And also a false incentive for some people who want to get higher ratings faster... thus posting a lot of nonsense... you know what I call them ;)

• Like 1

Sorry.

• Like 1

It's a way of telling those of us who are addicted to the forum and need counselling. We should start an AASAA forum. :P

• Like 1

Sign me up for the AA please. I am totally addicted to this forum and its people. Feel lost when I have not posted or read posts for a day...

• Like 5

Sign me up for the AA please. I am totally addicted to this forum and its people. Feel lost when I have not posted or read posts for a day...

Me neither,hehehe

• Like 2

I always have three tabs open on my browser during the day... My Gmail, The Current AUD/ZAR exchange rate on XE, and the "View New Content" page on SAAustralua ;):P

• Like 2