495 Visa

Hi there,

does anybody have some more information regarding the 495 sub class Visa.

I know it is only for certain areas, but is anybody applying for this kind of

Visa and what requirements do we have to fulfill.

Any information is appriciated.

Maike

Hi Maike

when you visit the immigration website : www.immi.gov.au ,on the search box put 495 visa and it will take you to all the information for this visa.

christelle

Hi Maike

Here is the link to the relevant section of the DIAC website. I would suggest you take a walk through there as the information is quite detailed, then post any queries you might have here and someone is sure to be able to help.

Good luck

Cindylou

Hello Maike

The SIR visa was introduced to encourage immigration in regional areas of Oz excluding big cities like Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth etc.. and it has a lifetime of 3 years.

You need to apply for State or Territory sponsorship to live in particular areas of that State and you will need 110 points to be eligible to apply with diac.

As this visa is a provisional one, you will be eligible to apply after 2 years for a permanent residence.

Good Luck

Karen

The SIR visa was introduced to encourage immigration in regional areas of Oz excluding big cities like Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth etc..

Just a quick note, Adelaide IS INCLUDED as regional Australia, so, on a 495 visa, you may most definitely live and work in Adelaide. Adelaide is the only city, as far as I know, included on regional classification.

For Adelaide, which falls under South Australia, the authority you must first contact is Immigration SA (South Australia) ('SA' as in South Australia, not South Africa).

Immigration SA needs to approve you first if you plan on going to Adelaide (or any other South Australian town) on 495 visa (i.e. in immigration terminology, they must 'sponsor' you). Sponsorship application is done online on their website and is free of charge.

Only once Immigration SA has approved you (let you know that they will be sponsoring you), may you apply for the 495 visa via DIAC.

Maike, I'll send you an e-mail I sent to someone else a while ago if you PM me your e-mail address - all the info for SOUTH AUSTRALIA (specifically Adelaide) is in the mail. (It's unfortunately in my Gmail account, so will need your e-mail address to forward it to you). Alternatively, search '495' or 'regional' or 'regional visa' on this forum - there has been lots of info about the 495 visa before.

IF, however, you'd rather prefer settling in another regional area on 495 visa, I suggest you check out the relevant state sponsorship authority out on the web, following the links on DIAC's site as some of the other members have pointed out above.

:ilikeit:

Edited by kangaroo