Senior First Aid Certificate equivalent?

Shanelw

Good day all.

Quick question: has anybody experienced a senior first aid certificate (HLTFA301C) requirement for a job in Australia, for which you included a course done in South-Africa, which was acceptable?

I am considering in applying to the WA Police and one of the requirements is that I have a senior first aid certificate. I want to try and obtain this whilst still in RSA, but I don't want to spend money on a course that might not be deemed as a full equivalent in terms of their requirements.

I have asked them whether a second level first aid course in RSA or the AHA heartsavers course would be acceptable,but they only replied that it should be a equivalent level (I also included course content), as I said I don't want to spend unnecessary money on something they might not except.

Why not just do it here when you arrive, it's a one day course, costs about $120 and is valid for 3 years...at least that way you know you have done the right course

You can even do the theory part online and then just do the practical component on the day, if you click this link there is a handbook on the right. http://trainingaidaustralia.worldsecuresystems.com/senior-first-aid-courses/senior-first-aid-courses-certificate.html

This course is readily available anywhere in Australia and most people need to do this as OHS is very big over here.

• Like 1

Hi Andrea.

Thanks for the reply.

I did consider doing the training that side but I am trying to send in my application in from South Africa,trying to arrange work before we go that side for peace of mind. I am aware that I will still have to do the physical and psychology tests there but was hoping to get things started.