Industry & Opportunities in Canberra/ACT

Classicman

Hi

Is there much Industry in Canberra / ACT? I am busy with my 190 Application under the Customer Services Manager code. I am currently an Executive at a Plastic Packaging company in SA and am looking for something in the Business Development / Sales / General Manager line of work. It seems that most jobs available are linked to the Government.

I have to go the ACT route as this is the only state currently offering 190 Visas in my field.

Any advice will be appreciated.

I am also going on the same occupation to ACT. It's always tricky with this occupation because it's so broad. I'm in advertising/branding and so far I am not coming across too many jobs that excite me and I think it's important to find a job that you really want to do. Remember though that just because that's your occupation, it doens't mean that the job you choose must have that title. It just means that you have skills associated with that job title that can benefit Canberra due to their shortage of skills in that area.