457 visa backlog

LiezelM

Hi guys!

I really, really need some help please. Does anyone know if there are still delays with the 457 visa, or has this been worked through? I look on the Internet for news every day, but don't find anything... :lol:

Could these visas also experience delays if the sponsorship, nomination and visa applications are lodged at the same time? Would it be quicker if it's just the visa?

I hope someone can help me please! :ilikeit:

Thanks

Liezel

Hi Liezel,

As ar as I know, the processing times are at about 7 weeks at the moment, but this would be for the nomination and visa application. If the company wasn't an approved sponsor already, then the application processing time to become one is generally around 4 weeks as well, so it may be that yours is being delayed while they are going through that part first.

Are you using the online tracking system? if not, then you should consider it - that way you can see when the nomination is approved.

Hope this helps

Ajay

Hi guys!

I really, really need some help please. Does anyone know if there are still delays with the 457 visa, or has this been worked through? I look on the Internet for news every day, but don't find anything... :huh:

Could these visas also experience delays if the sponsorship, nomination and visa applications are lodged at the same time? Would it be quicker if it's just the visa?

I hope someone can help me please! :lol:

Thanks

Liezel

Hi Liezel

My wife and I waited for 6 months for our 457 to be approved !

It got approved about a 3 weeks ago, we applied around end of September 2006.

I suggest phoning your case office, thats what we did, and it helps just talking to the person.

we found our delay was a miscommunication with our passorts, once that was sorted out

things moved quickly.

Good Luck

Neel