Does the CO process medicals

Hi Everybody,

I anticipate that we will be allocated a CO for our 136 MODL application at the end of August 2007.

I am wondering when I should send in our medicals and PCC's.

If I send it 6 weeks before we get a CO, is it possible that the medicals will be processed and approved by the time we get our CO so that he can just accept it? Or do they wait untill you get a CO before processing your medicals?

From what I understand, the medicals get processed by a different section than the application that get's done by the CO?

Does anybody have advice, please? :ilikeit::lol::holy:

Thanks

W

:holy:

Hi Everybody,

I anticipate that we will be allocated a CO for our 136 MODL application at the end of August 2007.

I am wondering when I should send in our medicals and PCC's.

If I send it 6 weeks before we get a CO, is it possible that the medicals will be processed and approved by the time we get our CO so that he can just accept it? Or do they wait untill you get a CO before processing your medicals?

From what I understand, the medicals get processed by a different section than the application that get's done by the CO?

Does anybody have advice, please? :ilikeit::lol::holy:

Thanks

W

:holy:

Depending on when your application was acknowledged as received by DIAC; you may frontload your medicals.

Currently APSC is processing application in the range of 27th June 2006. So if your application is +/- 3 months of this date, i reckon you should do your medicals.

Medicals are processed by L.C.U in Sydney whereas the files are dealt with by ASPC in Adelaide.

Hope this helps

Karen

Hi Karen

Thanks for the reply.

OK so the medicals go to Sydney to LCU. But will the start processing it before I get a CO in Adelaide? Or do they wait until the CO lets them know to start processing the medicals?

Our application was received 28 Dec 2006 so we should get a CO by end Aug or Sep 2007.

But how long do they take to process the medicals?

If anybody can shed some light on this I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks

W

Hi There.

We got a co after 6 months. We were advice not to front load the medicals becuase the medicals is only valid for one year. If you plan to leave direct after you get your visa you can front load the medicals. Never know how long before you get a co.

But if you are in a hurry and want to move as soon as application is approved then go for it.

I dont think it take to long in Sydney. We are going for medicals next week.

Regards

Sheila2Oz

Hello there,

We lodged in Sept 2006 , and frontloaded Meds & PC's in Feb 07 (6 months) we then received our pregrant letter in March 07. If you would like to leave ASAP once your visa's are granted then there is no problem frontloading . They take the earliest date i.e if your PC's are dated before your meds then your exit date will be the PC's date.

Frontloading has been discussed and debated on many websites however it is a personal choice. Your meds go to LCU( Sydney) and your med form asks where your visa's are being processed and your CLF number . Try downloading and filling in the meds forms before you go as it can be rather stressful doing it whilst your two kids year old are running around the doctors rooms.

Cheers

FM

Hi FM

Do you or someone else know under what circumstances someone gets a Pre-Grant Letter or simply a Grant Letter.

Someone mentioned once it depends as to whether you are in Oz when the visa is granted but i'm not sure it's the right answer...

Karen