WOW! Sydney is awesome!

Lynnie

Hi,

We just had the privilege to visit Sydney for 4 days (hubby works there). We spent the first 2 days in the west where we had the unexpected joy of having breakfast at The Bakers House - owned by a South African couple! The lady was SO nice and gave the kids free cupcakes - she was SO lovely.

This is an AMAZING city :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: There is SO much to do and we did not have enough time to see and do everything :cry:

We did visit Darling Harbor - FANTASTIC! Especially the kids playground - most impressive. We went on the ferry to the zoo, we enjoyed the spectacular views you have from there of Sydney. And the snow tiger was beautiful.... Was a bit dissapointed that there was only 3 koalas and the cages of the giraffes and elephants seemed a bit small :blush: But is was SO nice to see the African animals again :ilikeit:

There is such a vibrant feel to the city and we loved using the public transport - the trains and buses were very impressive :ilikeit: We stayed close to Chinatown and I was overwhelmed by the amount of Asian people. Apparently 17% of Sydney's population is Asian.

And then... the Opera House!!! WOW is all I can say...

I did not expect to fall in love with Sydney (yes, I know I only saw a tiny part of it) - and I would love to visit again, but to be honest I was happy to be back in Brisbane, Sydney is HUGE compared to our "dorpie"!!! :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 5

You made me all excited about Sydney just reading your post!

Have noted down the names of the places you mentioned. We hoping to do a LSD trip which will include Sydney. Will be sure to check out the spots you mentioned :)

Sydney was the first place I visited on my first ever overseas trip about 10 years back. I also fell head over heels for the place. We are not sure where we will settle yet once we get to Australia, but deep in my heart I hope it's Sydney. Yes, I know they say its expensive, bla, bla, bla, but Sydney is and will always be like my first love, the one whom you will love forever. I have been down the coast from Cairns to Brisbane, and in Melbourne twice, and they are all fantastic, but my heart will always belong to Sydney.

I didn't find it that expensive - maybe I just hung out in the cheap places :whome:

BUT - it was just tooooooo busy and full of people (ok yes we did stay in the city, which is to be expected).

I love Sydney, but will never move from Brisbane :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: