Its time to move again

Kuipers

I was born in Australia in 1972 and neither of my parents were Australian. They were in Aus for 3 years and then I was born. They decided to go back to SA when I was around 2 months old. I have never bee back since. I have my original Aus birth certificate and when I was in my 20's my dad insisted I get my Australian passport (thanks dad!!). So glad he insisted! When we made the decision to move, I had both children made citizens through descent and they both have Australian passports. My husband was granted a PR subclass 100 in a matter of a few days.

But I must say that the Aus passport and birth certificate, presented with a South African accent has confused many a people in the short while that we have been here :ilikeit: LOL

All the best. Oh and once you have Robin's passport sorted and you start on the partner visa, do it yourself, not difficult at all and probably a lot cheaper than going through an agent. Shout if you need any advice.

All the best.

Edited by JellyTots
  • Like 1

For anyone requiring assistance IRO adoption papers and related, the contact I have from a reliable source is The Registrar of Adoption in Pretoria:-

Ms. Lorna Swart

E-mail: LornaS@dsd.gov.za

Tel: 012-3127145

Thank you again for your responses. We got word today that the file was found and the adoption order will be posted off this week. Next is the unabridged marriage certificate then Robin will apply for her passport. We are so excited that it is coming together so nicely. Australia here we come :ilikeit:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yay Robin has received the adoption order :)

We are still waiting for the unabridged marriage certificate, this we applied for on the 13th of May and have just found our nobody has started looking for it yet, we also found out the priest who married us has emigrated and his register has been archived, so it will take 3 months for them to get the unabridged marriage certificate.

So with this in mind Robin needs to apply for her change of name in Australia and she is considering trying with the hand written marriage certificate with a letter explaining why she does not have the unabridged copy, do you think the Australian govt would process her name change without the unabridged copy ?

We are very excited that things are moving on :)

• 3 months later...

Hooraay.. Robins passport has arrived, she is officially an Australian citizen :ilikeit: Now its my application. We have most of the documents already and will only need to wait for a police clearance certificate from the U.K.

post-18607-0-78631100-1382168753_thumb.j

• Like 3

wow, going quickly!!! glad things have all come together - did Aus accept the hand-written certificate after all?

Great going, hope the 100 goes smoothly :)

wow, going quickly!!! glad things have all come together - did Aus accept the hand-written certificate after all?

Great going, hope the 100 goes smoothly :)

Thanks for the positive feedback. We are still waiting for the un-abridged marriage certificate. Robin did her application with a printed copy of the marriage certificate that is issued at the home office. We will try the 100 with this copy certificate. Thank goodness there is not much we need from the South African Govt for our applications.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow time is flying, I have asked Stephen Dickson to do my spousal visa and we have set a planned departure date of 18th of April, as this will be the anniversary of the day we arrived in SA 4 years ago. Robin's partner will be buying her shares in there business, and without even advertising my business, I have a potential buyer who has flown down from JHB for a meeting tomorrow, holding all fingers and toes that he likes what he see's. The change in the quarantine for the dogs is a blessing.

• Like 2