New to Perth - Craigie and Wanneroo

Sandelicious

Hi everyone, we arrived just over a week ago and we are renting in South Perth for a month as my hubby is working in Bentley. We've decided to stay in the North as we have family there.

I've been studying suburbs, schools etc and like Craigie, Currambine and possible Wanneroo.

Does anyone stay there as I would appreciate advise on these areas regarding High and Primary Schools.

Thanks a lot.

The primary schools are all fine,but for high school I would be cautious.

Currambine is Okay as it feeds year 8/9 and 10 to Kinross College and Year 11 and 12 to Mindarie College.

Craigie feeds Beldon seniot high, I would avoid

Wannerro feeds Wannerro senio high, this I would also try and avoid.

Look at the feeding areas for Woodvale seniot high

Duncraig and Warick senior High

Carine senior high

and Ocean Reef

These are the better government high schools

My kids were in Kinross College - not good - Mindarie Senior college was brilliant, though. - they really straightened my daughter out. Got her head on right.

try rossmoyne and williton in the south - both feeds the two best public schools in WA! since your partner works in bentley is relatively close by. dont let your family location influence you. you can visit them weekends!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We've decided to settle in Currambine, and send the kids to Ocean Reef Senior and Currambine Primary respectively.

Regards

Hey Sandelicious, can't help with advice about Perth, just wanted to wish you good luck with finding a place to settle and a school for your kids. It does help with the settling process once the kids are in school and you have a permanent place to stay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Currumbine primary is apparantly an excellent school and feeds into Joondalup Baptist - excellent private school. I've heard that Ocean Reef is a though school since it is really the only Senior public school covering a wide area which includes areas such as Heathridge. We stayed in Heathridge for a while and nothing against it thought, just won't stay there again.

There is also a private school in Tapping area, I think St Peters but it is quite expensive. Mindarie and Quinns Baptist not far from Currumbine though.

As a matter of interest, what are your thoughts on heathridge, Gerhardk? I also stayed there for a while and also am not sure I'd want to live there again permanently.

Just need to correct Joondalup Baptist is a private school, there are no schools that feed into that school as it goes from K to Y12.

• Like 1

Donovan, we did not know better when we arrived and enjoyed Heathridge. But since then lived in Joondalup and now new part of Quinns Rocks and each move have been better. So I won't move back to Heathridge. It has great location though, relative close to beach and to Joondalup shopping centre and quite affordable.

Yes Joondalup Baptist runs from Kindy but as I understand it, there are say 50 kindy and primary places and double (or triple) that when reaching senior school. So when we lived in the area and looking at kindy, Joondalup Baptist adivsed us not to even register for kindy since the waiting list is too long but we can register for senior school. As noted, there are many primary school (amongst them Currimbine and Joondalup) within almost walking distance from Joondalup Baptis and no other senior schools close to that.