Things kids say...

ronfire

1. Singing part of the theme song to "Thomas the Tank Engine", instead of "...they're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight...", our little guy was overheard lustily proclaiming "All the six are underwear, all the six are underwear..." :jester: .

PS Video evidence has been captured for posterity but there are no plans to release this for public consumption. :whome:

2. Despite being on the verge of 3, our hero still sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night and asks for mama. Ok, "asks" is a diplomatic manner of speaking. Anyway, it doesn't last too long, only a minute or so, punctuated with exasperated "Go to sleep!" orders floating through from mum and dad's bedroom. Well, last night, he had one such episode, so in the morning when mum was getting breakfast ready, she asked him "why were you crying in the middle of the night?"

To which our man of the moment replies, with a puzzled expression:

" No (pronounced "noy" like a true Aussie), mama, I wasn't crying in the middle of the night. I was crying in my cot".

:ilikeit:

Edited by ronfire
  • Like 8

Our almost 6-year-old noticed that most kids in Aus (even ones younger than her) ride to school on their bicycles (by themselves I might add :o !) and she commented to her dad (HEOJJ) that she also wants to ride to school by herself. Dad diplomatically replied that he should probably go with her so she can find her way easily. "No, Daddy! You just need to teach me to read the GPS and I'll be fine!" :D

• Like 13

Our almost 6-year-old noticed that most kids in Aus (even ones younger than her) ride to school on their bicycles (by themselves I might add :o !) and she commented to her dad (HEOJJ) that she also wants to ride to school by herself. Dad diplomatically replied that he should probably go with her so she can find her way easily. "No, Daddy! You just need to teach me to read the GPS and I'll be fine!" :D

Brilliant!

Wow, I remember cycling to school alone from age 10. The biggest obstacle was one stupid poodle that used to chase us.

At age 30, I'm a bit scared of training for comrades in the street, alone, and prefer a group of 4 or more people.

There has been some attacks on runners in Centurion lately and one of our running club member's daughter was shot and killed recently for her cellphone when she stopped the car to phone for directions, as you do when you are a law abiding citizen. She was a week away from her 21st.

Sorry it is so dreadful and way off topic, but it certainly shows that even young kids change their perception of what is safe and what is not based on their environment.

And then I have friends that live in "security estates" telling themselves, they are safe.