Certifying documents for VISA Application

Hi

We have submitted the application and paid for it now (Thank HEOJJ for letting me know that it was possible to do this without uploading docs at the same time :) ). So at least now our application is in the pipelines for a Case Officer.

In the meantime, I am awaiting the final documents to be gathered. I want to take everything all at once to the person who will certify them.

I wanted to know:

1. Who did you get to certify your docs? I have heard you should avoid the Police and SAPO...someone said go to a Lawyer and take a business card to send with the documents to show who certified?

2. Does every single doc need to be certified? Are there any that don't need to be?

Thanks so much for the help!!

Bri

Hi I had all my docs certified at post office and it was rejected. Wasted a lot of my time , ended up getting a lawyer to do it for me.

Hi

You have to have every document that is black and white certified by a commissioner of oaths and there must be contact details. Like a stamp with an address and telephone number. Any document that is in colour and will scan in colour doesn't have to be certified as they can see it is an original.

This is what I received from our CO: "GSM Brisbane accepts scanned copies. If possible, please provide colour scanned copies of

original documents. If you are unable to colour scan documents, please ensure that the documents

you scan are certified copies. If you send us a scan of the original document, we can accept PDF,

JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats, although we prefer that it be in PDF format."

• Certified Practising Accountant

Chartered Accountant

Commissioner for Oaths

Justice of the Peace

Notary Public

Magistrate Judge

Registered medical practitioner (Medical doctor)

Solicitor

All of these should be able to certify, if you are using an agent they are also usually registered Commissioners for Oaths
Edited by AlBrough

I wanted to know:

1. Who did you get to certify your docs? I have heard you should avoid the Police and SAPO...someone said go to a Lawyer and take a business card to send with the documents to show who certified?

Don't use the post office or the police. The stamps and information that they supply when certifying is inconsistent and generally not acceptable to DIAC. Use a Lawyer, Doctor, Advocate, Principal (even some deputy principals are certified commissioners of oaths). The following information has to appear on any certified document:

• Full names of person certifying
  • Qualification to certify
  • The words "certified a true copy of the original"
  • Address and contact number of the person certifying the documents
  • Date of certification
  • Signature of the person certifying the document.

Try and get them to sign the document with a blue, red or green pen which will show up in colour when you scan the certified copy.

2. Does every single doc need to be certified? Are there any that don't need to be?

No. you don't need to certify all the documents, you only have to copy and certify those that don't have any colour in them like bank statements. If your documents are in full colour (like degrees, IRP5's, Payslips or Academic transcripts) you can simply scan them in colour and upload them as is without certification. This is exactly what we did and the CO accepted them as is.

• 3 years later...

Grateful for this forum because everything is available at my fingertips :) 

Quick question regarding documents that need to be certified.

How long ago could they have been certified?

Is there a time frame before they wont accept?

Example we had a lot of documents certified in January 2016 and we are going to lodge Visa now in August 2016.