welshman: Greetings from South Africa

welshman

Hi all you SA's there down under!

I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice. I'm a Veterinary Orderly/Hospital Manager in the SANDF. I'm thinking of moving to Australia. I've had enough of crime and that in this country.

I've been advized by some recruitment firms that my qualification (which is similar to a Vet Nurse in Australia) is not on the shortage list. I was thinking of using my Veterinary Hospital Manager experience of 9 years as trying to get a visa, but the closest I could find on the list is General Manager.

Does anyone know or could advize me if I could do it this way? Or give me any suggestions? If I put General Manager in various online assessments, I get 125 points as the result, which says I'm eligable for immigration.

Please help! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shane

Welcome to the Forum!!

I would advise going to a seminar by one of the migration companies and maybe paying a once off consultancy fee to find out what your options are...

Most of them will advise you about your options and you can take it from there.

Cheers

Gaille

Thanks alot. Will have a look around as well on the internet. Can anyone recommend someone here in SA that's not too expensive?

Hi...:ilikeit: i don't think you'll find a "cheap" migration consultant and if you do bear in mind that cheap in this industry is very, very expensive in the end if you get let down.

I would recommend Hitchcock and Associates (031) 208 3355 they are aus based but with offices in dnb and pretoria very helpful but not the cheapest. I went with them cos the service is very personalised. There is another consultancy in JHB, no names mentioned, that was about R5000 cheaper but i got the feeling i would be just a number in a very big machine and since then i have heard a bad report or two about that particular company....pm me if you want the name of the agents.

It's worth calling them and if you qualify its also worth setting up the face to face interview for a few hundred rands.

Oh, and I think they do interviews in Cape Town if I remember correctly.

cheers

Edited by celeste

hi, in my opinion, I think they will put you through as General Manager, as this covers managing jobs in various fields... aslong as you have VERY detailed references.

Bianca

Hi Welshman,

You could try and search the internet for companies that need your type of expertise, and email them directly. This might be able to secure you a 457 visa. You can then apply for PR when you get here, depending on your employer, either immediately or after 2 years.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Thanks all for the encouraging remarks. If I find a company to sponsor me, need it be for a job on the shortage list, or can they sponsor anyone, even if not on the list?

That doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all for the encouraging remarks. If I find a company to sponsor me, need it be for a job on the shortage list, or can they sponsor anyone, even if not on the list?

That doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Hi there

I would try places like Dreamworld or Currumbin Wildlife sanctuary - google them ...they have fantastic wild life care, hospitals etc - if they cant help you maybe they can steer you in the right direction for your line of work.

regards

Heather