Network and Systems Engineer

MarkSalter

I am coming over hopefully soon and waiting for my PR189 EOI invite (65 points) on Network and Systems Engineer

Also Prince2 Project Managment certified plus a few other IT certs like MCITP 2008, Mikrotik, ITIL v2 and even have a BSc in Geology and Applied Geology from University of Natal, Durban (refuse to call it uKZN) although with no work experience in Geology which is unfortunate.

Anyone else come over on occupation: Network and Systems Engineer?

How did you find getting into the job market?

What Salary ranges are expected for people who have just immigrated?

Any locations which are better than others?

Hi, looks like you're not getting a response... I went on www.seek.com.au to get an idea of what we can expect and in which regions vacancies are advertised. My husband is also a Network Engineer. He also applied, but they are only interested if you have a Visa and are already in Oz. So, we really can not wait for the Visa to be approved, as it is our biggest concern as well: employment...

Hi

I see lots of positions advertised but I know getting a position is not that easy.

I am only going to apply once I have my visa, getting across is a matter of getting a plane ticket.

Fortunately I am also involved in ITIL and virtualisation as well as data centres so I can effectively take a wide range of roles.

Just thought someone had gone down this road already....

Hi Mark

Yes, most recruiters want to know you are available and ready to go, but there have been people who secured work from the RSA side, I don't know if it is tenacity, timing or luck.

What a shame you didn't work as a geologist, I would be confident of you getting work then.

Salary ranges are dependent on what part of the country you are in and the type of industry, you would not be paaid any less than an Australian, but being an unknown entity, i.e. no Australian work history does have its drawbacks.

Good luck with the visa application

Thanks, hoping to get my EOI invite any week now.

Usually IT related work is more centered around Sydney and Melbourne, and that's where the salaries are :)