Hills District, Sydney NSW

Riekie

Thought i'd share my first welcoming guest....!

Paid us a visit one day after I arrived in Sydney...

• 2 months later...

Here's a few important contact numbers for community services in the Hills:

Even though I personally hadn't thought to live in Sydney up to know,

being too big and somewhat scary!!! You gals are doing great

wonders on this forum with all your help, findings, fanastic info etc

that you are sharing.. I am even starting to think about moving there

now myself!! :D

Andie

Guest Sunshine Sister

YAY !!!!!!

That is FANTASTIC news !! :D Another fab member for our infamous coffee mornings.. :whome: Please tell us what we can do to help, whatcha wanna know darling ? Fire away.

Love

Your friend

Blondi (remember from back in the day... :D )

You can even be here in time for our BIG BBQ on the 27th...... :D:thumbdown:

thanks Rieke...

I will have to pass, on this invite, :lol:

but a bitjie later in the yr...hopefully??!!

hope you all have a fab time and can't wait

to hear ALL about it... :ilikeit:

enjoy enjoy ...

You can even be here in time for our BIG BBQ on the 27th...... :D:thumbdown:

Maternity Hospitals in the Hills

The Hills Private Hospital

Address: Windsor Road, Baulkham Hills Phone No: 9639 3333 No. of maternity beds: 24, including 5 double beds. Both private and twin share rooms. No. of births annually: 1,500

Prenatal Classes: Yes Shared Care/Rooming-in: Yes Birth Centre: No Midwives' Clinic: No Lactation Consultant: Yes Interpreter Service: Available on request. Neonatal Intensive Care:

Special care nursery Level 2B. Delivery Suites: 5, with own ensuites – 2 have spas. Birthing Rooms: No Booking: By appointment, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri and Sat.

Support people/siblings allowed: Up to 2, more by arrangement. Mother chooses style of birth: Active birth encouraged. Visiting Hours: 11am-12n, 3.30-4.30pm, 7-8pm.

Nursery facilities for all babies: Available 24 hours. Postnatal Support: Wide variety of in-house postnatal eduation offered, including physiotherapy, lactation and early childhood clinic service, massage service avaliable. Counselling for Special Needs: Social worker, psychologist available, other health professionals contacted on an 'as needs' basis.

Future plans: More private rooms, refurbishment.

Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital

Address: Palmerston Road, Hornsby Phone No: 9477 9123 No. of maternity beds: 26 + 4 antenatal day assessment stay beds. No. of births annually: 1,100 Prenatal Classes: Prenatal birth class, day and evenings every week, young mothers program, prenatal breastfeeding class Sat mornings. Shared Care/Rooming-in: Yes. Rooming-in encouraged. Birth Centre: No

Midwives' Clinic: Team midwifery program and midwives' clinic, weekday afternoons, evenings and Sat. Lactation Consultant: Yes – 7 days a week. Interpreter Service: Yes – non-english clinics, parentcraft with bilingual midwives. Neonatal Intensive Care: No – special care nursery Level 2 available. Delivery Suites/Birthing Rooms: 4 + 1 assessment room.

Booking: Yes – GP referral required. Support people/siblings allowed: Yes Mother chooses style of birth: Yes Visiting Hours: 11am-1pm, 3-8pm. Nursery facilities for all babies: Yes Postnatal Support: Early discharge program, parent support service, home visits by lactation consultant if required, single room accommodation for all women (subject to demand),

partners may be accommodated for period of stay (on request). Counselling for Special Needs: Social workers and family room facility, psychologists. Future plans: Submission for new facility prepared, outcome pending.

These ones are not IN the Hills, but a short 20 minute drive away.

Westmead Hospital

Address: Darcy Road, Westmead Phone No: 9845 5555 No. of maternity beds: 70 No. of births annually: 3,840 Prenatal Classes: Mon/Tue and Sat. Shared Care/Rooming-in: Yes/Yes

Birth Centre: No Midwives' Clinic: Yes – team midwifery. Lactation Consultant: Yes Interpreter Service: Yes Neonatal Intensive Care: Yes Delivery Suites: 10 Birthing Rooms: No Booking: Yes

Support people/siblings allowed: Yes Mother chooses style of birth: Yes Visiting Hours: 3-8pm, partners 8am-8pm, rest period 1.30-3pm. Nursery facilities for all babies: Yes

Postnatal Support: Maternity liaison officers, etc. Counselling for Special Needs: Social workers, adolescent services. Future plans: Increased team midwifery care.

Westmead Private Hospital

Address: Cnr Mons & Darcy Roads, Westmead Phone No: 8837 9000 No. of maternity beds: 27 No. of births annually: 1,700 Prenatal Classes: Tue, Wed, Thu; Sat & Sun workshop. Shared Care/Rooming-in: No/Yes. 25 private rooms. Birth Centre: No Midwives' Clinic: No Lactation Consultant: Yes Interpreter Service: Yes Neonatal Intensive Care: Level 2.

Delivery Suites/Birthing Rooms: 4 Booking: Yes Support people/siblings allowed: Yes Mother chooses style of birth: Yes Visiting Hours: 11am-12n, 6-8pm Nursery facilities

for all babies: Yes Postnatal Support: Yoga, aromatherapy, postnatal education groups. Counselling for Special Needs: Yes

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi there,

Before our arrival in Sydney, we decided to first live in furnished accommodation in or around the Hills District, to see whether we like the area, before committing to anything. This also made practical arrangements much easier - looking at schools, shopping malls, sports facilities, opening bank accounts, house viewings, etc as we were much closer to the areas in question, rather than driving in from the city or beach each day to organize things. We stayed at the Waldorf Apartment Hotel in Pennant Hills and I can personally recommend it. The service was excellent ! Our apartment had its own washing machine/dryer, cooking facilities, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, lounge, dining area, phone, internet connection, undercover parking, etc. The catering staff were so friendly and made child friendly meals for the boys, even at odd hours when we were awake and jet-lagged and the rest of Sydney was fast asleep.

The hotel also has a fully equipped gym, outdoor pool, huge lounge, restaurant, bar and steakhouse and organizes little social gatherings like watching footy on the big screen for interested tenants, etc.

For the small 1 bedroom apartments (studio) the special opening rate was $ 900 per week. It is nicely situated near the M2 and very easy to find. For more information please see their website.

Love

SS

B)

• 4 weeks later...

Jisso girls, nou smaak my ek het ook lus om julle te join in die Hills. Klink so lekker. :blush:

Dankie aan almal vir hierdie baie informatiewe post. Beslis 'n wenner. Kort nog net 'n paar photies van hoe dit lyk daarso. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi There

Ex SA moving from New Zealand to Sydney in January. Can anyone tell me about Castle Hill High school? We have a 13yr old daughter (not too keen about the move) and have been to see the school, seems quite nice, but has anyone had personal experience? Hope to find a house in this area to rent at first. Really liked Castle Hills.

The information that you have all given has been most helpful and I thank you for your time taken to share with us. :ilikeit:

thanks

Mandy

• 7 years later...

Hi Riekie.

Just came across a piece you wrote about suburbs in the Hills District. Was wondering if you know much about an area called The Ponds ? We are thinking of moving there in 2015.

The Ponds is a farely new suburb and forms part of the Blacktown City Council. Nice enough newly built houses but really far from the city and public transport might also be an issue. Where will you be working?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

we are moving from sa to Sydney in January and would like to settle in the hills district. my hubby will be working in Parramatta. this has been really informative .. thank you. really nervous about the move EEEEK

Thank you Heymanse for the info on The Ponds. Appreciate it. No job yet. Working for a bank in JHB at the moment. Planning to work in Sydney CBD.