Jen: Hi there

Jen

Hi there, I have recently joined, though I have been reading the forum for a while. Great forum. wish we had the same in Ireland - which is where we moved to just over two years ago. Seems to me that the exodus is gaining momentum judging by this forum and others! Good luck to all of you planning your move, it is stressful but hang in there! Look forward to chatting to you all.

regards, Jenny

Hi Jenny

Welcome to the forum and hope you have fun here. There was a suggestion about an SAEurope forum, go and add your 2c and maybe you'll start the ball rolling!

Cheers

Cindylou

Welcome to the forum Jen!

Hang in there, we're planning to start a forum for the EU, and Ireland would certainly get a section in the new forum, so keep an eye open for new developments!

Thanks Cindy-lou and hendie, will look at that ! There seems to be a fair number of South Africans in Ireland, but most of them seem to be concentrated in Dublin. We are in the west of Ireland in Galway and I miss chatting to people with the same sense of humour etc !!

There seem to be loads of you in Australia - and lots more coming over? Do envy you guys the weather!

Jen

:D glad to hear that there are developments afoot as it looks like its going to Spain for us.

Keep us posted please Hendie :ilikeit:

Jen, if your in Galway - thats the place my ancestors came from . The surnames Corbett and Finnaughty - if I remeber correctly theres a Corbett-house in Galway. Just shows how people move all over - people from Galway moving to SA more than 100 years ago and now you guys qoing to Galway. Have you been to Aran Isles? Any case, welcome to the forum - somehow you now sommer feel like family. Give my regards to Galway Greetings Pixi

Jen, if your in Galway - thats the place my ancestors came from . The surnames Corbett and Finnaughty - if I remeber correctly theres a Corbett-house in Galway. Just shows how people move all over - people from Galway moving to SA more than 100 years ago and now you guys qoing to Galway. Have you been to Aran Isles? Any case, welcome to the forum - somehow you now sommer feel like family. Give my regards to Galway Greetings Pixi

Hi Pixie, thanks for the welcome! Yes we are in Galway and there are a few places with the name "Corbett" including a shopping mall. We have not been to the Aran Isles yet but it is on the schedule for this summer! Been told it is lovely! I was just commenting to friends of mine how the wheel turns, as I am the child of parents who emigrated to SA in the 60's and there are lots of South Africans here whose parents or grandparents left Ireland and now the kids are back in Ireland. Could do with more family, gets a bit lonely at times!!

regards, Jen