Back from our LSD.

WAtdehel

Hi Guys,

So we arrived back from our little R&R LSD trip to Brissie this weekend. I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone might have.

All I can say, is that we're moving there as quickly as is humanly possible - there are just too many things to tell to post all at once. :ilikeit:

If anyone has any worries or questions (as everyone has when making the decision the emigrate), I'll be happy to help where I can.

Hi Neal

Thanks for the offer!!

What sort of feel did you have in Brisbane? Similiar to maybe Durban? (Holiday vibe) How big is it and easy to get around? How hot/humid was it? List of things you liked/disliked about it?

Many thx

Peter

Hi Peter,

Brisbane is wonderful - it's relaxed and peaceful, yet exciting. It's a beautiful city yet has a town atmosphere.

I enjoyed it more than Durban. Durban feels a lot more humid than Brisbane did. The weather channel reported the humidity at 61% when we were there last week, but it was in no way uncomfortable. You must keep in mind that Brisbane is 30km's from the sea. I love the climate there. Apparently the summer months are worse, but I like it hot & humid (island living) :D

We bought a map of Brisbane and surrounds in order to navigate, but stopped using it after our 3rd day there. We found it quite easy to find our way around. You just need to orientate yourself with where the river and major roads are - the rest is easy. ;) We rented a car, but you're more than set using the public transport, which is excellent.

The pros and cons are actually quite easy - I liked almost everything, and disliked that I had to leave! :ilikeit:

We were stopped on 3 separate occasions just to be told that they love our accents. The Ozzies are really nice people.

There will be some things which will take some getting used to. Actually, these things are just how things actually work the way they should.

Bottom line is, we're moving there as soon as our 457 sponsored visa is approved.

That sounds great!! Planning an LSD in July. Where did you guys stay? Did you fly straight to Brisbane?

Thx once again

Peter

Hello there,

Yes we would like to know the following:

On arrival at the airport is transport to your apartment easy to organise (2 kids & loads of luggage!!!)

We are booking 4weeks at the Kangaroo apartments as suggested by fellow forumites , is that the cheapest option or can you suggest another?

:D

How far by car is the Gold Coast from Brisbane.

Are you able to buy essentials at say 8.30pm?

(Forgot to mention - We are moving in June on a PR Visa)

Thanks so much.

Regards

Thunder888- Glad you had a great trip!

Peter: Huge taxi rank outside airport doors. You can get a MAXI TAXI( like mini-bus)

Many Supermarkets open till 9pm weeknights.

About 50 km down to downtown Surfers Paradise.

Hi Thunder888

Glad to hear you enjoyed Brisbane. Also planning to move to Brisbane in October. :lol:

Where did you stay?

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2oz

• 2 weeks later...

We're going to Brisbane and Gold Coast during June/July - so far we have set our hearts on staying there. I'm just worried about water restrictions? Apparently flies and mosquitoes are quite bad there??