Telstra in Brisbane

Guest May

I would like to know what packages everyone is on for homeline and ADSL. I saw an article on the telly where Telstra got an alzheimers patient with no pc to sign up for ADSL, sometimes these call centers are outsourced to India so they completely miss the point and their aim is the bottom line.

I signed up for the T-bundle as it came with 200GB but then to download movies you still have to pay for them and I decided it wasnt feasible with 2 teenagers who needed to study.

so I now have the ADSL and homeline however if you break up the package they charge you for everything under the sun, also the level down from 200GB to 50GB which is prefectly good and they starting charging. I want the thrifty package and of course the salesman says something in shop and then they cant deliver because its not in the package like $10pm for International calls became 5c per min....yes, false advertising, been in circles with Telstra already.

What your experiences or suggestions?

Thanks

M

You can complain to the telecommunications ombudsman.

It's quite common to offer discounts for packages

The more you bundle, the better your deal, but you should be able to get a deal with 3 products, i.e landline, internet and a mobile, then you start to get some of the perks like cheaper calls or free calls from the mobile to the landline etc. Once you have signed up for something you should receive a product disclosure package and also have a colling off period if the package is not what you want.

We all have very differently structured packages, so it would be difficult to compare.

We are on a $100 package per month - includes 200GB internet + unlimited local landline calls. Hardly use the phone as cell contract has more than enough talk time

We also took the option for a T-Hub - big mistake on our part but great sales pitch from Telstra - that is an extra $15 per month - so total is $115 per month

The problem is when we arrived we were kinda overwhelmed by all the options and the $115 sounded a lot like R115! In retrospect totally unnecessary and will be changed when we move in April.

The problem is you are moving from one country to another where it is very difficult to initially understand the purchasing power of the AUS$ compared to the Rand

Now that we are settled into Aus life and understand the cost of living better we are in a better place to understand when a good deal is REALLY a good deal!!

• Like 2

I got the exact same deal as MarcK. Not using the T-Hub at all but unable to change the package at this point. I get a $10 discount for having it and if I return it will be paying more. Crazy but true.

Planning on changing all packages next year as we took a two year option. Mobiles currently on Vodafone but will be changing that too as reception is not always very good.

I think my package is homeline ultimate plus 2 mobiles

I have just redone the choose a provider exercise and ended up going with Optus again, I have been in IT a really long time so i know exactly what is needed and involved in offering an internet connection to a home and telstra is a horrendous rip-off on setup fees

I went with optus again (Second time now) no setup fees, no telephone needed with the ADSL line, free modem (Which will go in the cupboard as i always get a decent one) overall a pleasant experience to get setup and not a rip off

We would have preferred to have gone with Optus but they apparently did not have the infrastructure in our complex so it was a choice of Telstra or Telstra!!! Sounds like another telephone company that starts with a "T" back in SA!!!

yep, i think their solutions are pretty good, they just rip you off where ever they can, i wonder if the call centers are on commission or something

• Like 1