Google maps directions from Pretoria to Maroochydore

HadEnoughofJuju

I just had to share this. I asked Google maps for directions from Pretoria to Maroochydore and this is what it gave me. Notice the Google ad. :ilikeit:

post-16626-0-05778200-1363686656_thumb.p

• Like 2

You're bored, aren't you?

Me rubbing noses in it, never that would just be cruel. I just found it rather amusing that Google couldn't make the connection. Google is after all the oracle and should know everything.

• Like 1

You're bored, aren't you?

Oh definitely. :wacko::P

Me rubbing noses in it, never that would just be cruel. I just found it rather amusing that Google couldn't make the connection. Google is after all the oracle and should know everything.

I'm just jealous! :cry:

I'm just jealous! :cry:

Your turn will come. :hug:

Oh definitely. :wacko::P

Shouldn't you be cleaning something or polishing a garden tool or something?

• Like 1

@HEOJJ - something else to remember for your Brisbane - Maroochydore trips. The road is a toll route, you will have register with Go Via or be invoiced after the fact. There aren't any toll booths along the way. With a bit of planning you may avoid the toll altogether.

Shouldn't you be cleaning something or polishing a garden tool or something?

I'm done cleaning, painting, sorting and polishing. If AQIS don't like it now they must keep it. BTW I am planning an open house so that I can put all my garden tools and other garage stuff on display so people can see what clean tools like. I would never have cleaned them if it wasn't for the emigration. :P

• Like 2

@HEOJJ - something else to remember for your Brisbane - Maroochydore trips. The road is a toll route, you will have register with Go Via or be invoiced after the fact. There aren't any toll booths along the way. With a bit of planning you may avoid the toll altogether.

Queue the Garmin GPS and Australian/NZ maps. I'm hoping they have all the toll roads marked and I can set the avoidances for toll gates, but then again I don't really mind paying the tolls in Australia because I know that at least the money will go to keeping the roads in a decent state of repair.

Hi HEOJJ,

I will be traveling partly the same way as you will. The tolls are very efficiently done and simply takes a photo of your number plate as you drive in and when you exit again and then bills you accordingly. Or you can get a tag that automatically deducts the amount from your account with them. You can set up to pay in advance or within a few days afterwards if you don't have an account. Here's one of the sites with information about the tolls: http://www.airportlinkm7.com.au/toll-information/brisbane-toll-roads.aspx

Here s a picture of where the tolls are:

img_tollroads.jpg

I don't want the hassle of arranging how to pay the tolls etc. when we first get there, so I figured out a way that doesn't really take much longer and is toll free. I just chose Brisbane CBD because I don't know exactly where you will be leaving from. Here is a link to the Google maps directions for the route I'm thinking of taking.

http://goo.gl/maps/QKBrJ

Hope this helps.

Thanks Werns, I will definitely have a look and make a note of the route. We may end up travelling that route quite often to friends in Brisbane, Graceville area. We are planning on staying in Maroochydore. :ilikeit: