Trevor Noah - "That's Racist" @ Melbourne Int Comedy Festival March 2013

herby

Most South African's who have left ZA in the last 5 years will be familiar with Trevor Noah and I'm sure a lot who've been out for longer know of him too.

I, personally, think he's helluva funny and he's booked into the Melbourne International Comedy Festival from 28th March to 21 April.

http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2013/season/shows/the-racist-trevor-noah

I've been hoping he would come to Aus and highly recommend this show to any South Africans.

His mastery of accents and patterns of speech make him hysterically funny - as long as you can understand him - I suspect a lot of our Aussie friends would not hear/understand half of what he says because of our mish-mash of languages and dialects in ZA.

No - I have no commercial gain from this - no affiliations at all - I just think he's funny and worth telling everyone about.

I hope this isn't seen as spam and if so, forum admins- please feel free to dissect as necessary.

• Like 1

Also going, cant wait, last watched "Daywalker" in joburg before we left

I have seen "thats racist" on box office dstv in rsa and thought it was really funny!! Enjoy

I honestly cannot stand this guy. He cannot seem to make a single joke or comment about anything other than race and I think that we could all do with less of that. I'll give this one a skip :)

Love him! Tickets for the Sydney Comedy Festival sold out! :stretcher:

My sister brought the DVD when she came and visited in December. We laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our cheeks - we are going to see if we can take some friends although I think we will need to interpret some of the bits. Melbourne Saffers better get ready to be ribbed about why we left and what we left.

Hmmm, maybe I'm a prude, but I cannot stand him. I think he tries too hard...

Hmmm, maybe I'm a prude, but I cannot stand him. I think he tries too hard...

"Black people speak like this and white people speak like that OMGLOLOLOFLLFWTFBBQ SO HILARIOUS".

Got tickets for Sydney! They changed to a bigger venue & released more tickets! Whoohoo!

• Like 1

He is great and doing very well globally.

He was the first South African comic to be featured in the Tonight Show in the U.S. Since then his tours to Englad and the U.S. has been booked out.

He helps to break down the racial barriers and look at things in a lighter side.

Also, most comics these days throw in so much of nasty vulgar language. This guy does not.

• Like 2

He is great and doing very well globally.

He was the first South African comic to be featured in the Tonight Show in the U.S. Since then his tours to Englad and the U.S. has been booked out.

He helps to break down the racial barriers and look at things in a lighter side.

Also, most comics these days throw in so much of nasty vulgar language. This guy does not.

Yep, no vulgar language! The show is brilliant - i saw it in Durban. The guy is excellent. :ilikeit:

I have 2 tickets for Trevor Noah's Show in Melbourne on Saturday, 13th April, which through a comedy of errors I cannot utilise. A close friend of my husband's birthday coincides and we can no longer go :((

If you know of anyone who may be interested in these tickets please ping me.

Also prepared to swap for another night if anyone already has tickets and are happy to go on the 13th.

Please spread the word to anyone who may be keen.

I'm happy to drop them off or arrange a convenient exchange.

UPDATE :

I've been asked the type of seating and price.

They are General Admission Seating, as I understand the only type of tickets sold by Ticketmaster for this event.

The tickets cost $33 each and I have 2 for sale.

This will be at Trades Hall on Lygon Street at 8:15 PM.

Thanks

Edited by jnsq

Thank you herby !!! Just on youtube checking him out....he is a bloody great...the workings of a world leading comedian imo !!! :ilikeit:

Just checked and he is playing near my house in Brisbane in April but already sold out :wacko: Can't believe he will be so close and I already care that I can't see him in action :(

The venue he is in is ridiculous...small local comedy club...

Edited by Fish

@Fish,

Copied this off an FB page:

Second Show in Brisbane for Trevor Noah !!!

Message from Sit down Comedy Club in Brisbane

Hi

Thank you for your recent enquiry about Trevor Noah tickets. Due to such
high demand, Trevor will now be playing his second date at a larger venue,
The Tivoli, on Wednesday 24th April.

Please find a link to The Tivoli box office here;

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TREVORNO13&v=TIV

Please note that Sit Down Comedy Club will not be taking bookings for this
show.

Kind regards

Kate

Kate Rudge
The Sit Down Comedy Club
Ph: 07 3369 4466
Fax: 07 3369 0466
Email: kate@standup.com.au
Web: www.standup.com.au
Please note entry to the Sit Down Comedy Club is strictly 18+

Edited by cmh
  • Like 1

@Fish,

Copied this off an FB page:

Second Show in Brisbane for Trevor Noah !!!

Just got back from a Brisbane Roar match at Suncorp and saw your post....straight into Ticketek site and the second show is already sold out :blink::wacko::unsure::(:angry:

Thanks for trying though :)

Edited by Fish

Mmmm once again Sydneysiders pay more for the pleasure; $49 per ticket (Melbourne $33...) Why Patritchia why?!