Positive Skills Assessment

The Parsons Family

Just to let everyone know I finally received a positive skills assessment from Teaching Australia. I sent off the application at the end of November. The assessment took so long because WITS wouldn't supply the correct paper work and when they finally came round we had to pay them for it..... :blink:

We will be lodging our PR application on the 30th March an then the "BIG WAIT" begins. :ilikeit:

Cheers

Gaille

Hello Gaille - firstly, well done - I hope the PR application goes quickly.

I have a question for you. My wife just got her degree as Primary Teacher from UNISA, we both did our IELTS tests (academic) - I got an overall 7.5 and she got an overall 7.

However she read somewhere that in order for her to apply as a Teacher for the Skilled Visa, she need to have a 7 for all the sub bands of the IELTS test - she got a 6 for writing (so did I by the way)...

Do you know any thing about this?

Thanks a lot, cheers, Marius

Ps: I'll post this question as a new thread as well...

Not good news :ilikeit:

I just double-checked this and this is straight from Teaching Australia's website...

" the original certificate of the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) showing you achieved a minimum score of 7 in all areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening. You must have obtained these minimum scores in one sitting of the IELTS test and the test must have been taken within 12 months of your application to Teaching Australia."

I hope this helps

Gaille

The rule says you have to achieve sevens in all bands, but I know of a Teacher here that recently sent in his skills assessment application, also with a seven average and got a positive assessment back. So if you want to try it like that you can. Maybe you will also be lucky. Its up to you.