405 questions

conroys

Hi,

Does anyone know if the investment ritirement visa (405) is onshore or offshore and what the processing times are?

Hi Conroys

This is the only information I could find about the processing times for this type of investment visa:

Visas for migrating to Australia - as a skilled or business person

Applicant in Australia Applicant outside Australia

Labour Agreement

Employer Nomination

Regional Sponsored Migration -------- inside oz: 7 months outside oz: 7 months

Business Skills -------------------- inside oz: 15 months outside oz: 15 months

General Skilled Migration ------------------ inside oz: 6 months outside oz: 15 months

Skilled Independent – Regional -------------- inside oz: 5 months outside oz: 7months

Hope this helps a bit.

regards,christelle

Edited by christelle

An applicant can be in or outside Australia when applying for the 405 visa. Processing times are usually fairly quick for these visas as they are temporary visas, but DIAC does not provide info regarding this on their website. I have requested more specific information from Perth Business Centre regarding how long the visas are currently taking to process, and will let you know once I receive a response.

Kind regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

I received a response from a case officer at Perth Business Centre today, informing that the current average processing time for the Investor Retirement visa (405) is 3 months, provided all documentation is submitted with the original application.

Regards,

Fiona Carre

Gold Coast, Australia

I received a response from a case officer at Perth Business Centre today, informing that the current average processing time for the Investor Retirement visa (405) is 3 months, provided all documentation is submitted with the original application.

Regards,

Fiona Carre

Gold Coast, Australia

Thank you very much Fiona. Much apreciated! ;):whome: