Milwright

taylor1980

Hi.

I wonder if someone can help me with some information.

My brother in law would like to migrate with us to Aus but he wants to know the job situation for Millwrights in Perth and where does he have to go to get his skills assessed.

Woudl it be better for him to be the main applicant or his wife who is a registered accountant with SAIPA.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian

i am also a millwright by trade and sent my trade papers etc off to the TRA for assesment, they look at your work experience then decide whether to give you a mechanical or electrical trade assesment, they gave me a TRA as a fitter 4211-11.

When you look up a 4211-11 it covers quite a few fitting jobs including a electrical fitter, i am going in on this TRA and will get my electrical licences once i am there.

We have applied for a " Class BN Subclass 136 Skilled Independant Visa " . I am not sure if it on the MODL list or not, it is in some states including WA.

As for which peron's qualification to go in on, i dont know, you need to find out who is in more demand.

Cheers

Camper

Hi.

I wonder if someone can help me with some information.

My brother in law would like to migrate with us to Aus but he wants to know the job situation for Millwrights in Perth and where does he have to go to get his skills assessed.

Woudl it be better for him to be the main applicant or his wife who is a registered accountant with SAIPA.

Thanks

Ian

Wheter he migrates on his or her skills is only half the issue. Suppose they migrate on his skills ( I think they are are in more demand), if she wants to work as an accountant here she will have to get a recognition of her skills too. It might require some study in Australia. The best thing would be to look on the skills occupation list document SOL 1191i.pdf and look up the assesemnt body for both. Go though them. I say do it in South Africa becuase it is a lot easier to collect the required docs whilst there rather than stuggle to get them once here

Wheter he migrates on his or her skills is only half the issue. Suppose they migrate on his skills ( I think they are are in more demand), if she wants to work as an accountant here she will have to get a recognition of her skills too. It might require some study in Australia. The best thing would be to look on the skills occupation list document SOL 1191i.pdf and look up the assesemnt body for both. Go though them. I say do it in South Africa becuase it is a lot easier to collect the required docs whilst there rather than stuggle to get them once here

Apply on the skills that gives the highest points, all the skill test is about is to ensure one person in your family is employable,

We applied on my Wifes skills, got a 136 skilled visa in her name, we have been living here for 6 years, have worked full time for 6 years she has only worked part time for a few years 2 years after arriving, I am now an aussie with citizenship she still has not taken out citizenship, the bottom line is the application is to get you here it has no bearing on what work you do and who does it.

Hi

A good idea may be to go look for a possible position first. I think you may find quite a few in Aus. I know that quite recently one big mining group poached about 160 artisans just from the Rustenburg area. Good resources is a scarce commodity all over the world.

Good luck