SharePoint Consultant/Developer/Administrator

francois1985

Hi guys,

I am a SharePoint consultant with more than 6 years experience I have all the relevant certifications.

I also hold a BSc. Degree from London Metropolitan University in Computing and Information Systems.

What are the job prospects in Australia for people looking for a sponsored visa?

Kind Regards

Hi

Pretty good in IT, your best bet is to go to www.seek.com.au and have a dig around

Cheers

Nev

Yip, or take the chance, apply for a PR VISA and just go there and get a job ;)

Yip, or take the chance, apply for a PR VISA and just go there and get a job ;)

That is what I am doing :)

• Like 1

Hi Francois,

My husband is a senior sharepoint developer at a large consulting company in Melbourne. Generally there appears to be a lot of sharepoint work around. He took about 5 weeks to find work on arrival but it was the financial year end and if i reflect on other people's experience that wasnt too bad. Since then he has been contacted by agencies to invite him to apply for positions so I am guessing the market is robust. They were a bit iffy about him not having Australian experience when he arrived even though he worked at Dimension data for years and holds a BsC honours in computer science from UNISA. But I think they use any excuse on arrival to cut your salary etc.

That said I am not sure if you would get sponsorship. At least that wasnt what we encountered or saw when we were searching the sharepoint market. I do think you would find work pretty quickly in the $100+PA bracket which is very livable, looking at our budget.

PM me and i can hook you up to him on Linked in if you want to chat more.