Brisbane Hotels?

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

As you know we are leaving for our LSD trip on Wednesday, 28 March 2007 :holy: and we’ve just decided to go to Brisbane as well :whome: . We have no idea as to where about we should stay in Brisbane :ilikeit: and we are planning to book on Wotif. Ideally, we would like to stay close to the CBD, but would like to be close enough to public transport in order to take a train to the suburbs :o .

Is there anyone that would be able to recommend a hotel in Brisbane, which is located near or in the CBD and close to public transport :blink: ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you :ph34r: !

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Everyone,

Further to my earlier post, I would like to add that we are looking at the following Hotels and would like to know what you think of the different locations :whome: :

Grand Chancellor Brisbane

23 Leichhardt Street

La Vida on Anzac

41 Anzac Avenue

Redcliffe 4020 QLD

Oaks North Quay

293 North Quay

Brisbane 4000 QLD

(CBD)

Rydges South Bank Brisbane

Grey Street

South Bank 4101 QLD

(Cnr of Grey & Glenelg streets)

CENTR@L Hillcrest Apartments

311 Vulture Street

South Brisbane 4101 QLD

Hotel Watermark Brisbane

25-35 Rotherham Street

Kangaroo Point 4169 QLD

Pacific International Apartments

570 Queen Street

Brisbane 4000 QLD

Travelodge Garden City

18 MacGregor Street

Upper Mount Gravatt 4122 QLD

(Cnr Logan Rd - Brisbane Southern Suburbs)

I know that this is not the best way to book the accommodation :blink: ... :ilikeit: , as I hardly know anything of Brisbane and did not plan to visit the city before about 2/3 days ago :o .

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa,

I stayed at the Kangaroo Point Holiday apartment last year, the self contained 4 ½ star apartment has two bedrooms, a stove, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer and cooking utensils. The place is close to the South Bank, CBD and is in walking distance, if you don't mind the walk, Woolworth is also near the apartment. Below are pictures I took of the Kangaroo Point Holiday apartment. The Holiday Inn is also very nice and right next to the Roma St. train station and in the heart of downtown Brisbane. I used WOTIF to book my stay at the Holiday Inn. Enjoy your LSD trip to Kanagroo Land :ilikeit:

post-47-1174619503.jpg

post-47-1174619551.jpg

Edited by CPU

Dear CPU,

Many thanks for the pictures and advice :lol: . You won’t believe it, but the Holiday Inn is actually more expensive than the hotels listed above :) . I will definitely have a look at the Kangaroo Point Holiday apartments :ilikeit: .

Thanks again :lol: .

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa,

Your welcome!!!

Here is the official website of Kangaroo Point Holiday apartments, I booked through them and their prices were cheaper than Wotif at that time, not sure now, you may need to do a comparison but in the end the decision is yours :ilikeit:

I stayed only one night at the Holiday Inn, since I had to take a train to Sydney the following morning. In Sydney I stayed at the Travelodge Wentworth hotel.

Good luck and have a safe trip :ilikeit:

Edited by CPU

Hi CPU,

Thanks so much for all the help and information ;) . I requested a quotation from Kangaroo Point Holiday apartments :whome: , but they are fully booked for the dates that we wanted to go :(. We managed to secure accommodation at the Oaks North Quay Hotel and hope that it will be as good as the Kangaroo Point Holiday apartments :) .

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi CPU,

Thanks so much for all the help and information ;) . I requested a quotation from Kangaroo Point Holiday apartments :whome: , but they are fully booked for the dates that we wanted to go :(. We managed to secure accommodation at the Oaks North Quay Hotel and hope that it will be as good as the Kangaroo Point Holiday apartments :) .

Lovies, Pippa! X

hi Pippa

If you feel like checking out the Gold Coast while in Brisbane - give me a call

let me know

Heather