Visa and costs

taylor1980

Hi. My wife and I are both qualified accountants with SAIPA and we would like to migrate to Australia.

My question is which visa to take and what will the cost be to do everthing ourselves.

Also if I go the skilled independent visa, I see that you had to have worked for a certain period of time in the profession, does my 3 years of articles count or not? I have also been working as an accountant since Jan 2006 in various firms does the employment need to be at one company?

I am trying to find a sponsor but would like to begin the process as soon as possible.

Thanks

Ian

Edited by taylor1980

Hi Ian,

Government fees for the 136 visa are $1990, with a second instalment payable if a secondary applicant does not have functional English. Then there are police clearance and medical costs, which vary according to country. Regarding work experience, the basic requirement for the 136 is at least 12 months full time work experience in a skilled occupation in the 18 months immediately prior to your application date. You must then make sure you meet all other applicable criteria including the points test.

You will also need a skills assessment, for which there would be additional fees.

Hope this helps,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

Good luck.

For your skills assessment - contact ICAA at http://www.icaa.org.au/ The skills assessment takes approx 30 days. I followed this route and lodged my application on 08/01/2007. Got my positive results back on 27/02/2007.

The biggest issue is to get all the relevant documentation together. Should your application be incomplete they will not look at it and refund you your money.

Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it.

The only thing troubling me know is the fact that I have not been working as an accountant for 12 months if you exclude my articles.

Is there any other visa I can try or will the skilled independet visa still be my best option?