Clever waiting...

Lynnie

:ilikeit: "I'm the invisible man"
  • Like 2

Ek kan maar net wonder hoe daai vertrek ruik!

• Like 1

They must be waiting at home affairs... 3 hours to pick up a birth certificate

You only waited three hours? Lucky fish.

You only waited three hours? Lucky fish.

three hours to pick up a piece of paper...

We have been waiting since September for our Marriage certificate... Its a joke...

Edited by AlBrough

If I was you I would get onto home affairs and bug the living hell out of them. Just a thought, they may be having issues finding the information. When did you guys get married? If it was in the last 5 years you may find that there is a delay because they can't find the B19 marriage register forms on record. When a marriage register (the one you sign at the church) is filled it is the ministers responsibility to hand this register in to the nearest home affairs department. It's also the register that home affairs use to compile the unabridged marriage certificate. What you may want to try is ask whoever married you for a certified copy of the pages from the register and submit that with another application for the marriage certificate. You may wait forever to get the current one you have applied for.

We got married on the 1st of September 2012, we got our abridged marriage certificate and a certified copy of the certificate from our minister 5 days after we got married (he is amazingly efficient) we then applied for the unabridged at the end of September. It is not a necessity that we get it, we have our unabridged birth certificates which were no problem at all, we just want it before leaving in case we may need it some day in the future. I do know that our certificate has been captured on the DHA system because the kind lady who helped us initially showed us the record of capture on her screen... One hand not knowing what the other is doing I guess...

It may have been captured but they still need to verify it against the register and that's probably where the hold up is. I am surprised that DIAC accepted the unabridged one. If they did good for you, the unabridged one will definitely help to have though.