Brisbane Northsiders:)

Tati1

As I have heard there is a great bunch of saffers on the Northside (North lakes, Mango Hill, Taigum, Carseldine, Fitzgibbon where we are) and we would love to have a get together in view to commiserate and support each other.

We love the quality of life in Australia specially Brisbane with its beautiful weather but miss the real warmth of our saffer friends so IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN MEETING UP SOMETIME??

D:)

PM me if you would so we can organise it!!

Hey if we were there we would be the first to respond and organise a get together. I can't wait to get there. 50 days and counting till we fly.

Even me:) hopefully u do end up in Brissie, am looking forward to some warm saffer friends:). Yeah u will b surprised at how some people change when they get here they kind of become Ozzies:( no offense but nothing like a good old

South African joke!!

• 2 months later...

Hey there!

We're in Mango Hill, also looking to meet up with some Saffers. Tati1, whereabouts are you?

• 7 months later...

Join the northlakes ladies group on Facebook they have 250 members so you'll definitely meet someone you'll get on with. Also look for springboard foods and the SA expat club - you can even buy SA beer and wine there.

• 10 months later...

Hey we live in Northlakes and would certainly like to meet up. my wife and I have 2 small children and I work in the Riverside Centre so have to commute in but the life style is great up North we love it. please PM Me.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju
removed contact number

• 8 months later...

Hi All

We moved over 3 weeks ago this Sunday(26/07/15), spent a week with a mate living in Eatons Hill and then we finally got our own place in North lakes. Let us know when you guys want to do the gas braai at the park thing, haha still can't believe there's gas braais in a park and it's in perfect working order.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have info to contribute, please?

We are heading to Brisbane in Jan 2016 from Jhb, ex Dbn.

Does anyone know anything about Mango Hill State School (primary)? We have 2 kids (8 and 10 yrs old) and are looking for a good state school. The ratings on Mango Hill look good and it looks smaller than North Lakes State school.

What is Mango Hill like as a suburb?

Sure you all know that this move is a really daunting task, so any advice would be awesome!

• 1 month later...

Hi Bezzery,

A little late to respond, but we arrived end of June and our 2 boys, 7 and 9. are attending Mango Hill SS. We live 100m from the school so they walk in and back each day which is bliss. After our LSD trip last year we had set our sights on Bounty Boulevard but we decided to do interviews at North Lakes and Mango Hill as well on arrival to cover all the bases and we were very impressed by the principal at MHSS. So far so good !

Mango Hill as a suburb is great, it may not have the facilities and structures that the North Lakes parks have, but it seems a lot more quiet (we also live in a cul-de-sac though).

Good luck with the move.

• Like 1

HI Capespearo,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, the headmistress, Tracey, seems very nice. I have emailed her and she replied very promptly and was very helpful. MHSS looks awesome but I have one concern - my daughter turned 10 in July, so from what I understand will go to year 6 next year, and then will have to go to high school in year 7. So my concern is moving her, but I guess many kids will go then to North Lakes for year 7. What was your gut feeling of North Lakes? My gut still says MangoHill so we may just start off there anyway.

The move ahead is quite daunting but I am planning baby steps right now and still trying to get thru daily life here!

Any advice from that side is welcome, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

My Children are at North Lakes State College and its fantastic. They are 5 and 6. - so still young. I believe you have to do what you feel is best. I wen to Bishops in Cape Town since std 1, so the comparison for me, is very different with Australian Schools. We are planning to look at Private Schools more for High School for them, but at this stage, I don't have a problem with North Lakes and am very happy with the facilities and the educational attention they give my daughter. She is 6 and they singled her out for higher maths sessions and advanced reading. I am very keen to meet a few good SAFFERS in the area so let me know and we can do a Lunch at the park near the lake!

Gareth

• 4 months later...

Anyone in Morayfield / Bellmere / Burpengary areas ?