Looking for work Brisbane

Guest May

Patience is key I know, been on SEEK every day. I was told by agent last week that companies are trying to step back on spend on recruitment agents and advertise directly, also with State having cut back on public staff last year they are all out looking as well so networking for work is an option if anyone knows of vacancies, been on gumtree, few in newspaper otherwise I will have to wait and see. Some take 8 months to fnid and other move on from there to another state.

Indooroopilly, 10 minutes out of the city. Where every Uni student wants to stay( we dug our bed so we had to lie it but its awesome) and 1o mins from Kenmore. I am going to an agent once a week, but I am told its common for them (like JHB) just to idle on.....I had a skype interview in Dec and then was told GM takes time and I emailed agent and that went into thin air so today I will call her and ask her whats the deal as the spec has just been listed again. A simple 'you are not suitable' for the position is courtesy. I see most companies like one to apply to their site, where do you get a list of the companies unless you come across them randomly, what else....brainstorming all the time. Patience ....

like working with numbers, BCOM but will do admin, reception, anything really. maybe not sales and waitressing simply because I am awful there. I have started applying directly on sites like Coles, Qantas but what about companies looking that you have never heard about?

Edited by May