Why do I have #160 dotted all over topics and conversations?

OzzieWishes

Question

hi guys...very frustating...as i read threads, i have #160 dotted all around the conversation??? what is that...just started happening recently???

12 answers to this question

#160 #160 #160 #160 #160 ....

:lol:

Just joking. Have you tried using a different browser, or clearing your cache??

I also get it. I just giggle at all the unhappy swearing south africans! lol

• Like 1

It's your browser not reading the html properly I think. Something to do with "special characters" where it puts the code instead of a " for example.
Try upgrading your browser?

• Like 1

I have found this in the email notifications I get, the come through in plain text emails which makes it difficult to read, it's just a browser that can't interpret the html encoding properly, this also sometimes happens on my phones browser but then it's a cr@pberry so I'm not really surprised by that at all. Have you tried using a non Microsoft type browser like FireFox or Chrome that actually works? :P:whome:

VIVA Safari. :ilikeit:

Code page -

Mostly #160 is a non-breaking space as seen in http://natural-innovations.com/wa/doc-charset.html also known as  

In simple words - it's not that simple - someone with an idea about this sort of thing will probably have to look to fix.

Could you point me to a post that exhibits this behaviour? I use Safari and Chrome on OS X, and I have not seen this, but I will try to help if I can.

Could you point me to a post that exhibits this behaviour? I use Safari and Chrome on OS X, and I have not seen this, but I will try to help if I can.

This tends to happen when a plain text email notification comes to a phone. I use a BB and all my mails have this 160 code in it.

I don't think it happens on the forum unless the person has toggled the BBCode Mode to text mode or is reading the topic responses in an email. All my google mails show this #160. I just did a quick search and couldn't find it in any topics.

hi guys...very frustating...as i read threads, i have #160 dotted all around the conversation??? what is that...just started happening recently???

Did you see this on the forum OzzieWishes?