Are you unable to post replies or start topics?

Jordy

Question

There appears to be a problem with posting on the forum. If one types in a reply and clicks post, the error message says "please enter text" or words to that effect. Basically it is not recognising text in the posting field. This seems to be a problem for Chrome users but is working fine in Internet Explorer.

I think it is a problem with Java and you might need to update your Java on your PC. Until I can confirm please IE to view the forum.

• Like 1

The problem has been fixed on the forum side but users must please make sure to empty your browser cache.

In Firefox, that would be Tools -> Options -> Advanced tab -> Network sub-tab -> "Cached Web Content" -> click the "Clear Now" button to its right.

Then close the browser and reopen it to the site. On a page with the reply box, press CTRL-F5 on your keyboard (CMD-R on a Mac) to force the newest templates and javascript files to your browser, then try to make a reply.

In Chrome, that would be Top right menu button (3 horizontal bars) -> Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy (Clear browsing Data)-> Select Empty the cache -> Click Clear browsing data.

Then close the browser and reopen it to the site. On a page with the reply box, press CTRL-F5 on your keyboard (CMD-R on a Mac) to force the newest templates and javascript files to your browser, then try to make a reply.

• Like 1

Firefox only gives basic text entry.

None of the font toys up above and the emoticons work ..... emoticons can be entered manually.

IE not an option on my Linux box .... ;)

Hi Jordy

I usually use Internet Explorer, but it will not allow me to post, says my post is empty.

I then tried Firefox, which is fine and that is what I am posting with now.

• Like 1

Using Firefox (Mac), it shows all replies as 'empty' and says 'must be at least 3 characters'. It also doesn't display the formatting toolbar in replies. I'm now sending this from Safari (Mac).

Internet explorer said my post is empty, now am using Chrome.

I'm posting from my phone and it works fine. Viva cr@pberry! :P

I THINK the common theme here is that the people have shut down a browser they were using and started another instance or another browser.

I had this problem and did the old IT Crowd fix "Did you switch it off and on again?"

I rebooted and then could paste, etc, but as I say the goodies like bold and underline and overstrike are greyed out.

Usually use Chrome, but getting "Post id Empty"

Trying IE for this post... Here goes...

The first post on IE also gave an error. Refreshed and tried again and it went through

Usually use Chrome, but getting "Post id Empty"

Trying IE for this post... Here goes...

Nope - don't see anything .....

I'm joking, of course. :)

• Like 1

Usually use IE. Tried Chrome, also no luck. Rebooted pc and both browsers still didn't work.

The first post on IE also gave an error. Refreshed and tried again and it went through

Refreshed Chrome, hoping this works

Chrome 25 doesn't want to post on the first, time, have to reload and try a few times. Says "Your post is empty"

What I just dont understand is that there is no consistency.

What I just dont understand is that there is no consistency.

I still can't post Firefox in Linux (tells me post is empty still) - but have just found out that if I quote someone and put my reply in quotes it does post - otherwise it does not see the text

Good luck with it Jordy

Albrough, did anything update on your pc. Chrome is still not fine for me. I am using IE to post this.

Albrough, did anything update on your pc. Chrome is still not fine for me. I am using IE to post this.

I found that chrome started working after I cleared the cache. I picked it up while working on one our customers websites that Chrome tends to cache javascript files and if there is an update Chrome ignores the update until you clear the cache and reload the site.

• Like 1

These two posts were posted using Chrome BTW

oh well done! Posted using Chrome!

You should get a job in IT you genius you!

• Like 1

oh well done! Posted using Chrome!

You should get a job in IT you genius you!

My genius knows no bounds. :P

Hehehehe,

Yes, the cache clearing solved my problem too, my daily morning routine. As for updating, I will check the update log but I am sure nothing was update although I think Chrome sometimes does it sneakily in the background.