Hoe is die weer in Victoria?....

bananagirl

Hallo almal

Op hierdie stadium lyk dit of Victoria (STNI) vir ons die maklikste visa opsie gaan wees. Al wat my so bietjie afskrik is die koue weer daar. Ons is Natallers en my kinders speel baie buite en swem graag. Dit lyk vir my dit word maar koud in die suide gedurende winter. Die van julle wat daar bly, kan julle bietjie kommentaar lewer oor hierdie onderwerp. Wat doen julle kinders as dit so koud is?

BG

Hi BG

I don't live there, still in jhb trying to get the paperwork in order to 'live the dream' but I was planning on Melbourne( have since changed course a bit, for various reasons, but economic being the main one)

The Melbourne weather is a great subject for debate (daily :ilikeit: )

But this previous post will 'shed some more light' on this 'hotly' subject for you ...

good luck

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Melbourne is renowned for having all four seasons in one day, if the sun is shining when you get up pack a raincoat and if its raining take a sun hat....

I live in Perth where the weather is Perthfect

We have lived in Melbourne for 9,5 years. Coming from Natal, you will certainly notice a difference, especially if you are in country Victoria. A lot will depend on where in country Victoria you will be living, you can either have snowfields, or just cold weather. There is no point in rehashing Melbourne weather, it differs too much from the country.

Ek is in Melbourne nou vir 2 maande, was hier verlede jaar in winter, ja koud en 4 seisoene een dag

troos jou daaraan dat die huise het klimaat beheer.

gas is common, geyers en ook verwarmers wat met gas werk en elke kamer verhit

Actually, the weather is not perfect anywhere!

Yes, Melbourne may have four seasons in one day, but unless you are working outdoors, it really does not affect you!

You could live in Brisbane, supposed to be great the one day and perfect the next, wait until the humidity hits you....but again, unless you are working outdoors, or you do not have an airconditioned home, it really does not affect you!

You could live in Darwin, have summer all year round, what absolute bliss, but living in the tropics, may not be your style either.

Soooooooooo, although we have changeable weather in Melbourne, it is never the same thing for too long, so you cannot really get bored with it! As for the rest of Victoria, you can go to high heat in some places, especially up round the Murray river, or you can go snow skiing in others....as I said the weather is changeable.

If you know where in country Victoria you are thinking of settling, the question may be simpler to answer!

Actually, the weather is not perfect anywhere!

I agree with Mara...

I am originally from Port ELizabeth, and Melbourne's weather to me is quite similar... yes it does get a bit hotter in mid summer, and much colder in mid winter, but has anyone ever really been happy with the weather where they are????? I have learned to deal with it, make peace with it, and be happy... Lol if the weather is the "biggest of my problems" here, then thats ok!!!

Thank goodness for aircons and heating systems!!

I agree Catz, I can live with the weather, at least I am not dodging bullets or having burglars for dinner!