HadEnoughofJuju

You have just got to love this guy, he surpasses our expectations yet again. :rolleyes:

BBC's African correspondent, Oluwashina Okeleji, has reported a blunder made by President Jacob Zuma, as his country prepares to host Africa. The President reportedly said on national TV that "I hope the Africa Cup of Nations is won by an African team this time". Apparently, his media aides did not prep Zuma well for his Dame Patience moment, as the continental fiesta, is always competed for by African countries and is played on African soil.

Blunder: "I hope the AFCON is won by an African team this time" - President Zuma

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

I also hope it's won by an african team for once! These flippen european team are so good, they win tournaments they dont even compete in. Damn you Messi!

• Like 3

I also hope it's won by an african team for once! These flippen european team are so good, they win tournaments they dont even compete in. Damn you Messi!

You had me there for a moment. :P

more antics from our great leader

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Zuma-sues-Media24-for-damages-20130125

Johannesburg - President Jacob Zuma's case against Media24 and former Rapport editor Tim du Plessis for allegedly harming his reputation and dignity continued in court this week, according to a report on Friday.

The Star reported that Zuma was demanding R5m over a photo which appeared in Rapport in December 2007, showing him braaiing with singerSteve Hofmeyr and comedian Leon Schuster.

The case came before the Western Cape High Court this week.

The text above the photo read: "Piekniek by Dingaan [Picnic at Dingaan's]".

Zuma filed a damages claim in 2010, alleging that the innuendo was that he was a person such as the Zulu King Dingaan, who had pretended to befriend the Afrikaners while he had in fact plotted to kill them.

The defendants - the media company and Du Plessis - denied in their court papers that it had been their intention to create that innuendo.

They said the reasonable Rapport reader would have understood that it was a playful reference to the Dingaan incident, or to a satirical 1998 cabaret by Koos Kombuis and Johannes Kerkorrel, or to both.

In October 2012, Zuma withdrew a defamation case against Jonathan "Zapiro" Shapiro and The Sunday Times over the cartoon "Lady Justice". In the claim, lodged in December 2008, Zuma initially demanded R5m.

At the time, the presidency said it felt the courts were not always the best places for these matters to be resolved, and added that the president needed to get on with resolving urgent economic and political issues.

- SAPA

He seriously must have a big specific need to get R5mil somewhere... :P

He seriously must have a big specific need to get R5mil somewhere... :P

He seems to keep getting stuck on the R5 million figure, maybe he thinks that he needs to get R1 million for each year he was at school, either that or he can only count to 5 and the only monetary unit he knows is million.

• Like 2

Why is this in funnies? It should be in Tragedies (otherwise called SA news).

Editted to add :)

Edited by OubaasDik

Why is this in funnies? It should be in Tragedies (otherwise called SA news).

Editted to add :)

Tragedies wouldn't even suffice for this idiot (oops am I allowed to use that word?) Maybe we should ask the hosts to create an "Epic Failure" group. ;):P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Zuma keeps making these silly mistakes over and over again.Even a 4 year old would not make these kind of mistakes.A child usualy does what he is told,maybe Zuma should try to stop thinking for a change,and start to do as he is told......