Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi there

I'm a final year medical student in SA and I'm trying to get over to Oz asap!

Can anyone give me any info about internships etc in Oz. I understand I have to be registered with the AMC but am not sure if I can work in Oz without first doing my internship here.

Also am not sure in what order to do thigs - should I apply for PR or just a visa?




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I would recommend a couple of hours on the Department of Immigration and Citizenhip website (www.immi.gov.au) as the best place to start. It is comprehensive and also deals specifically with medical personnel.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI Christine

As ajay says spend some time on the gov website for info - but PR (permanent residency) is a 136 visa....

Once you've done some reading, post your questions cause it might be easier to guide you that way...

Good luck and shout if anything doesn't make sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...